Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Per Elliot Friedman on NHL Network Radio:

Hall expected to sign today; 4 year deal.

Krejci: Possibly re-signing, but less certain.

Boston: still in search of left shot defenseman.

What’s the consensus on Krejci? 2 year deal at a pay cut? Would you be willing to go year to year with him at a bit higher dollar figure; call it $5-5.5m?

Who are the options on the trade market or free agency in terms of a top 4 LD?

This is the same Friedman who said a few days ago that Hall was likely to test the open market. Now he is just piggybacking on the backs of the Bruins insiders, the ones who actually know their stuff regarding the Bruins.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
This is the same Friedman who said a few days ago that Hall was likely to test the open market. Now he is just piggybacking on the backs of the Bruins insiders, the ones who actually know their stuff regarding the Bruins.
Darren Dreager broke the story. The contract years and dough.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jimmy Murphy says the bruins are in on Keith Yandle. Lol why?

Well hopefully that is just fake news.

Yandle would help fix the gap that came on the power play when they lost krug; although he may have a worse shot than Gryz now. But unless you are trading Gryz, I just can't imagine the 2 of them in the same defensive unit. Yandle is a guy who really needs to be a 12-14 min a night D man at this stage of his career. And we know Gryz can't carry a heavy load, and is maxed out at 20 min a night or less. So that would mean you'd need a top pairing D who can play 27 min a night on the LH side, which is just too much

Reactions: BAD BOY

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Yandle would help fix the gap that came on the power play when they lost krug; although he may have a worse shot than Gryz now. But unless you are trading Gryz, I just can't imagine the 2 of them in the same defensive unit. Yandle is a guy who really needs to be a 12-14 min a night D man at this stage of his career. And we know Gryz can't carry a heavy load, and is maxed out at 20 min a night or less. So that would mean you'd need a top pairing D who can play 27 min a night on the LH side, which is just too much
I’m with you I hear ya

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Years back one of my coaches said he built teams first selecting players in goal, then defensemen, then centers, then wings, in that order. Translating to the Bruins for next season, they have question marks in goal, holes in defense, aging centers and holes on the wings.
The moves coming up will be interesting and should determine if they'll be a contender or decliner.

Reactions: inactive user

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Is this like the Kevan Miller thing, keeping the leadership guys happy by treating a fave well?

We know Kase and Pasta are tight, so is this banking good will for the future?

IMO Kase (and the Bruins) should not risk his long term health for any reason. The man was barely hit yet was concussed and missed nearly the entire season trying to recover. Time to hang 'em up Kase.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The other elephant in the room is that they’re on borrowed time down the middle.

Pastrnak’s still young.

Marchand and Hall still have tread on the tire.

You can argue that Bergeron’s game hasn’t slipped, and Krejci is still a more than serviceable 2C, but the check is coming due.

I would not be opposed to a “hockey trade” that sees them take a lateral step, or even a slight step backwards in the interim, to see them shore things up down the middle.

What that looks like? Your guess is as good as mine.

Management and some fans appear to be whistling past the graveyard or are even in outright denial. Boston has a core that is not only beyond peak years for NHL players, but also on the wrong side of 30 (Rask is 34, Marchand is 33, Krejci is 35 and Bergeron will be 36 in two days), including two who are closer to 40 than 30, as well as two top-six wingers who are beyond those peak years (Hall will be 30 this fall and Smith will soon be 32) – most of these guys have had some elite years, but they will slow down, and this will happen much sooner than people realize. There's just no defying Father Time.

What will Pastrnak's next contract look like? He'd be entirely justified in asking for $9–10 million, especially given what some of his peers are making. McAvoy won't come cheap, either. Add to all this the fact that Boston has no top-six talent – especially at center – in the system, and the future looks rather bleak.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Actually, Yandle is standing on the sidwalk outside my front door. Let me go ask him what's up......oh, wait, never mind, it was just a pylon they are using while paving the street. Looked just like him though.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That seems to signal that the Bruins are looking at another 2nd line center type, if not I don't understand the lack of urgency with not getting Krejci signed.

I still want Duchenes in a Ekholm deal. But even with that I want Krejci back as the #3, and move Coyle to RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad