Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I agree to an extent although it’s not just about physicality. If Gryz did a better job on the PP or in the playoffs didn’t consistently get outmuscled or beat on D then I would be fine with him. I’m just not sure he brings enough in the offensive department to justify having him on the team. What he does do well is the first pass out of the zone. Everything else seems average or sub par.
Your right Gryz on the first PP is not working
But someone will come up with some goofy stat “when he is on the ice…”
They misread their defense last season and the are in worst shape this year

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We need four guys that can play D on the PK on a regular basis.

On the left side…I think we only know that Gryz won’t be PKing. Meaning the other two LD will have to. I could survive Reilly on 2PK if the other LD they have in mind can be a PK1 stud. Basically the adult version of Lauzon.

Gryz McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Physical vet for PK1 Clifton

I think with the right upgrades to the forward group that can work, but I think the preference would be to upgrade on Gryz or Reilly with someone you trust more defensively against top talent, without losing the puck moving.

Does Tinordi kill penalties? :dunno:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The other elephant in the room is that they’re on borrowed time down the middle.

Pastrnak’s still young.

Marchand and Hall still have tread on the tire.

You can argue that Bergeron’s game hasn’t slipped, and Krejci is still a more than serviceable 2C, but the check is coming due.

I would not be opposed to a “hockey trade” that sees them take a lateral step, or even a slight step backwards in the interim, to see them shore things up down the middle.

What that looks like? Your guess is as good as mine.
Personally this is why I'd like to see them go after Danault. Hes a guy that can be a shutdown C next year, then if Krejci or Bergeron retired I believe he can play well enough to be in the top 6.

We somewhat forget that Bergeron too used to be a 50 point C, and there was never complaints about if he was a true top 6 C since all the other elements he (and Danault) bring makes them effective enough. It's important to make sure he has two top 6 wingers though to provide the offense.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
we need 3 d for sure. 2 on the left and one on the right side. i doubt sweeney does this but i agree with you on the need.

I have no problem at all with Clifton being the #3 defenseman on the right side, especially where that role is going to be a 15 minute a night role, just because of the dominance of McAvoy, and Carlo. Yes they need to have a depth player here for injuries,

On the left side. They desperately need a top pairing guy. Fill that position with a legitimate #2 who can play 23-25 minutes in big games and the whole defense looks different.

You have Gryz for better or worse.

Zboril had a solid rookie year, and I expect improvement in year 2. Vaak is in the NHL next year or gone. Could really use a tough guy who could maybe play either side.

Now if they trade Zboril, and pieces to upgrade on him, then maybe that player could move to #4 D and drop Gryz down to bottom pairing with Cliffy

Reactions: Raleighfern

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
I have no problem at all with Clifton being the #3 defenseman on the right side, especially where that role is going to be a 15 minute a night role, just because of the dominance of McAvoy, and Carlo. Yes they need to have a depth player here for injuries,

On the left side. They desperately need a top pairing guy. Fill that position with a legitimate #2 who can play 23-25 minutes in big games and the whole defense looks different.

You have Gryz for better or worse.

Zboril had a solid rookie year, and I expect improvement in year 2. Vaak is in the NHL next year or gone. Could really use a tough guy who could maybe play either side.

Now if they trade Zboril, and pieces to upgrade on him, then maybe that player could move to #4 D and drop Gryz down to bottom pairing with Cliffy
clifton the 3rd on the right side is likely where we end up. that's my point. i've seen clifton play pretty much every game as a bruin and see a lot of room to grow if he can. he certainly tries hard though and has some skill.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Don't ask me for details because I have none other then DeBrusk's name keeps coming up with Nashville.

I honestly don't have more then that.

If you'd rather not hear let me know and I will refrain from posting info like that

DeBrusk+ for Ekholm
Vaak+Zboril+2nd for Garland+OEL 40% retained
Ritchie for Lucic 50% retained

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Smith
Frederic-Coyle-Garland
Lucic-Stud-Lazar
Wagner

OEL-McAvoy
Ekholm-Carlo
Gryz-Clifton
Tinordi

Swayman-Vladar
Rask

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Don't ask me for details because I have none other then DeBrusk's name keeps coming up with Nashville.

If you'd rather not hear let me know and I will refrain from posting info like that
Bread crumbs in the water is just as good as buckets of chum. Keep feeding us we'll take whatever your wiling to share!!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

We appreciate any morsel you can provide Dom :cheers:

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

post everything you’d like to post, we’d love to hear it. Hell even make some stuff up as it gives us excitement for a couple hours anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad