Your Reach Player of the 2011 Draft

monkeywrench

May 11, 2010
Edmonton
I was going to say Kale kessy but got beat to it.
Teams love the gritty players what about travis ewanyk in the 2nd round?
Oleksiak could move up to top ten

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I say Boston takes Oleksiak with Toronto's pick at #9.

Someone who, once he makes the team, could be mentored by Chara who will be past his prime by that time.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Mark Scheifele top 12 as a result of U18 championship

I'll tell you right now that's not happening no matter what. I'll say top 20 would be a reach. Maybe this years Joey Hishon. IMO I'll be shocked to see nathan beaulieu in the top 15. I just don't see it. Two players I could see reach into the second round are Alan Quine or Shane McColgan

Orwell1984

Feb 10, 2009
Vlad Namestnikov from the Knights, very shifty, good skater, doesn't seem to mind playing in the dirty areas, is surprisingly responsible defensively and plays for an organization that has a good development record. 1st rounder, this years Hishon.

Pulkkinen

Elias Lindholm.
Apr 19, 2010
Barcelona.
twitter.com
Based on the last Rankings, two names came to my head. Victor Rask (Leksand) and, the first of all, David Musil (Vancouver). Both of them listed as Top 5 picks at the start of the season, and dropping spots all the year, even out of the First Round. Musil is a really good defender, always well-positioned, good puck mover, not afraid of being physical, good speed, and Rask showed some flashes of quality with Sweden, but a lot of inconsistency in his game and a lack of motivation hurted his options. I see both of them with possibilities of cracking the Top 15. Mario Lucia (Wayzata HS) is another candidate, but in this case, for the Top 30. Any team with no inmediate needs can take a chance of him and let develop some years.

Handlanger

Mar 28, 2008
I can see Bärtschy go in the Top 10.... simply because there are quite some similarities to Skinner - and we all know how that panned out...

Canuck71*

Nicklas Jensen goes in the top 10. Too much potential and raw skill to pass up on this guy.

And also Alexander Khokhlachev will go in the top 12. Didn't like him much at the start but after watching him play quite a bit in the new year he definitely has all the skill to go in the top 12 range. I see Alex Burmistrov when I see Khokhlachev play and Burmistrov was a top 10 selection, don't see why Khokhlachev shouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

elduderino

Jul 5, 2009
I can see Bärtschy go in the Top 10.... simply because there are quite some similarities to Skinner - and we all know how that panned out...

Could happen, but Bärtschi doesn't score that many goals. So there are some question marks about his ability to create offense on his own. That's very difficult to say with such a stacked Portland team. But it wouldn't surprise me if he goes in the top 15.

For developmental purposes I think it would be more beneficial for him to fall to an organization, which lets his prospect develop slow and steady.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Ryan Sproul in the 2nd round. Grew 4 inches in the past year, scored about as many goals at Ellis and Murphy in the 2nd half of the season. Needs defensive work, but can skate and shoot.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Grimaldi inside the top 10, Reece Scarlett 20-30, Boone Jenner inside top 20, a reach according to the draft rankings that have him in the 2nd round, not a reach to anyone that has actually seen him play

Celtic Cross

Jan 29, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Xavier Oulette drafted by montreal in 1st round. not because he is french but because in the future to have him with leblanc lefebvre and could sign F/A Chouinard to a deal or even trade for Roussell in nashville, imagine the chemistry of the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad