Your Reach Player of the 2011 Draft

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
In basically every single draft ever conducted by a major sports organization, players have been taken higher than their pre-draft ranking suggests.

If I could time travel back to last year and assure everyone McIlrath would be drafted before both Fowler and Gormley, nobody would believe me. It happened again in the 1st with Hishon being taken 17th, and so on and so forth.

So, tout a prospect you believe is going to be drafted a lot earlier than their ranking suggests. The bolder the better, and try and keep the "YOU THINK [Player X] WILL GO BEFORE [Player Y]?? WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE" type comments respectible.

I see John Gibson as a shock in the mid 1st round. People are saying this isn't a draft for goalies but I feel he's really emerged as the #1 netminder and a team with an aging goalie will want to take a chance on him.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Wow, tough question. I'm having trouble trying to think of anyone that is even justifiable.

EDIT:

Not a huge gamble, but I will say Grimaldi going in the top 18-20.

TrollololBoyle

Mar 22, 2010
Danbury, CT
Grimaldi, if a team really believe that his amazing talent makes up for his lack of basically any size, then he could be a reach. He could also fall back and be a steal. Either way, I see him being picked anywhere from mid 20s to mid 30s

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Zibenejad goes top 10. Boone Jenner goes in the 1st round.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I second Oleksiak. While he's a good prospect, I could see a team going for "size" and drafting him higher than many thought he'd go.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I could see Oleksiak being taken higher than most thought he would go.

Such as?...

Mcneil top 10.

Not a huge reach.

Grimaldi, if a team really believe that his amazing talent makes up for his lack of basically any size, then he could be a reach. He could also fall back and be a steal. Either way, I see him being picked anywhere from mid 20s to mid 30s

Not a huge reach.

Not a huge reach.

I'm gonna go with Jaskin, top 15 or top 20.

The biggest reach yet, I thought about it too.

arsmaster*

Kale Kessy in the 2nd round....this years Kyle Clifford, Dalton Smith, Brett Bulmer.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Kale Kessy in the 2nd round....this years Kyle Clifford, Dalton Smith, Brett Bulmer.

Wouldn't be shocked.

Many people talk about him as a 3rd rounder.

If he goes first half of the second I will be surprised, but not if he goes in the later second.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Oleksiak is another guy that could even go in the top 10. Boston, Jersey, St. Louis, Columbus, and even Buffalo could all use a 6'7 defenseman.

Could you imagine Myers and Oleksiak on the PK? Good luck getting any shots on Miller.

4thliner*

At this point I would not consider Zibenejad going anywhere after pick #8 as a surprise.

That is 9th or below. 8th or above means he goes ahead of one of Strome. Huberdou, Hamilton, or Mourphy....not gonna happen as in should not happen. That would be kind of a shock if he goes 5th to 8th. Anywhere above that is a mega shock.

I have a feeling Oleksiak is gonna dupe a GM into picking him in the top 10.

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
I'll put Xavier Ouellet in the top 20 for the draft, but I'd be surprised if he's even in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad