Your Reach Player of the 2011 Draft

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
Staying with the homer pick. Noesen stays within the organization and Carolina takes him with their first. They know he will not be there by the time the they get to their second.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
All 3 Generals, Jenner, Jensen and Lessio all first rounders.

Jenner to OTT (NSH's 1st)
Jensen to SJ
Lessio to TOR (PHI's 1st)

Olekisak and Khokhlachev top-12.

SupersonicMonkey*

Not sure if Nieto is still pegged as a first rounder, but I hope the Rangers draft him with their first round pick.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
My reach player of the 2011 draft is a pure goal scorer by the name of Reid Boucher.

Someone is going to really like this kid. Boom or bust.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Could happen, but Bärtschi doesn't score that many goals. So there are some question marks about his ability to create offense on his own. That's very difficult to say with such a stacked Portland team. But it wouldn't surprise me if he goes in the top 15.

For developmental purposes I think it would be more beneficial for him to fall to an organization, which lets his prospect develop slow and steady.

2nd highest 1st time draft eligible goal scorer in the WHL behind Wruck.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Lot of questionable pro potential players projected in the latter half of the 1st round IMO. I think someone will reach for Ryan Sproul around #20-30. Huge upside but still raw.

elduderino

Jul 5, 2009
2nd highest 1st time draft eligible goal scorer in the WHL behind Wruck.

True and I didn't mean to downplay Bärtchi's accomplishments. But in relation to Skinner's 50 goals last year there's a big difference. I said this because a previous poster compared Bärtschi to Skinner and that smaller wingers still get undervalued by scouts.
I just wanted to express that there are other question marks about Bärtschi's game translating to the NHL than Skinner's pre-draft.

Handlanger

Mar 28, 2008
Could happen, but Bärtschi doesn't score that many goals. So there are some question marks about his ability to create offense on his own. That's very difficult to say with such a stacked Portland team. But it wouldn't surprise me if he goes in the top 15.

For developmental purposes I think it would be more beneficial for him to fall to an organization, which lets his prospect develop slow and steady.

Absolutely. Personally - I do have my concerns about Bärtschy and if I were a GM, I wouldn't draft him - let's be clear about that.

But as I said: I could see him picked by someone in the Top 10. Someone who thinks they'll have the same luck than as Carolina had (if they do, time will tell).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->