• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Pierre Engvall /Maple Leafs would be a good catch for us as an RFA...send Gauthier ? to Leafs for him .We sign Engvall to a 2/3 year deal at a cheap rate . The kid is big... decent speed and a C /LW ? WIth some good wingers he will put up points and he has that long reach and he exerted some more physicality then usual in the playoffs.....Gallant could work with this kid who was quite buried in TO behind their big weapons . It also might give us a low cost filler option on moving Chytil/Goodrow at some point if we can/Goodrow and and if we have to Chytil . Plus it gives our real young C's in our system more seasoning time .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you re-sign Copp, you're signing a wing.

If the Rangers were going to play him at center, they would have. Instead, they scratched Kakko to put Ryan Strome in the lineup when he couldn't walk,

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Changed my vote to Nic Roy now that the option is here.

Young-ish, big, fast and played well when his role expanded last year. Kind of guy just waiting for an opportunity to become a legit player in this league.
That is what I voted for too, yet without knowing the trade cost...

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Henrique or Stastny for the choices above I guess. PLD is all dependent on what's going the other way and what his contract extension number is. Copp and Strome are non options at this point because of cost and term. Trochek could end up costing more than those 2. Roy and Bennett would be interesting if we know Fil is up for taking the next step, but we don't. JTM currently in his prime, stylistically would be ideal and would fit perfectly on this team imo. But the cost for a rental makes that a no go. Plus you add JTM it means you are going all-in for 1 run, which means more assets moved to shore up other areas. Yeah Henrique out of all the options presented. Though Bennett if we want to roll the Dice on Chytil taking that next step.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If you re-sign Copp, you're signing a wing.

If the Rangers were going to play him at center, they would have. Instead, they scratched Kakko to put Ryan Strome in the lineup when he couldn't walk,
Dont want Copp at 5-6 mill regardless of position. Lets go for the win.

Reactions: SixGoalieSystem

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
So most people are saying the solution to our 2nd line center problem is a guy who was already on the roster? Yeah don’t think so…
Copp had to play wing to account for Strome being useless anywhere other than C

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
100% re-sign Copp ... not another bunch of assets down the toilet for 3 months of hockey ...

Absolute worst-case: let Copp walk and trade a bunch of assets for PLD.

Idk, PLD and his path so far is riddle with red flags, all the trades and drama ... don't get me wrong, the kid is really good, I see that, but business-wise ... I wouldn't like it.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
I think Jared McCann would have been a great option, though he just signed an extension and I'm sure Seattle has plans for considering they gave him a NTC and he'll be the vet C ahead of their 2 young Cs.

Reactions: egelband

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I’m hoping for Malkin. I want to make a big splash in the center market, but being 35 Malkin won’t get as big a contract as, say, Kadri. Plus he’s Malkin.

Reactions: McRanger92

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
If all these rumours of Kadri, Miller, PLD are to be believed than Drury is hell bent on chasing Panarin out the door. I love Panarin but his cap hit is crippling. For intance here's a Ranger lineup without Panarin's cap hit. Around 8 million in cap space.

Kreider Zbad Vatrano
Laff Kadri Kappo
Othmann Chytil Kravstov
Motte Goody Blais

Lindy Fox
Miller Trouba
Jones Schneider

Shesty
?
Scratches-
Reaves
Robertson

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Here's the 2022/23 Rangers with Panarin and 7,266,000 cap.

Kreider Zbad Laff
Panarin Chytil Kappo
Othamnn Good Krav
Hunt Gustav Blais

Lindy Fox
Miller Trouba
Jones Schneider

Shesty

Scrtaches-
Reaves
Robertson

Reactions: egelband

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Theres a lot of options. The one probably least discussed is just leaving a cap space and acquiring a quality center at the deadline and go all in after the deadline. Start the season as follows
Panarin-Zib-Kreider
Laff-Chytil-Kakko
Blais-Goodrow-Krav
Motte-Rydahl-Hunt/Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones/Lundkvist-Schneider

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
And what about Joshua Norris, Isac Lundestrom or Barrett Hayton?

I’m hoping for Malkin. I want to make a big splash in the center market, but being 35 Malkin won’t get as big a contract as, say, Kadri. Plus he’s Malkin.
Resigned with Pens, 4 years, 6.1 per

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad