Your Pick At 3rd Overall

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
How is Hanifin not needed here?

Hanifin doesn't fit here basically he isn't the bedrinking isn'tfenseman in this Draft, his ranking is dropping because of it - we already have bogo, Georges Risto
Zadorov and pysk who are all top 4 for men. .. agh screw it's 2am and this is hard to do on a Samsung note while drinking all night (scree those flyers ref's! ).. let's just say you Win this round..

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Something extreme would have to happen to cause Buffalo to come out of the 1st or 2nd overall area, but Hanifen is the guy easily. Marner while skilled is undersized for my liking. He produces scoring chances, and he has a nice move to the net, but I still prefer Hanifen.

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Something extreme would have to happen to cause Buffalo to come out of the 1st or 2nd overall area, but Hanifen is the guy easily. Marner while skilled is undersized for my liking. He produces scoring chances, and he has a nice move to the net, but I still prefer Hanifen.

Not extreme to pick 3rd. If the Oilers end up out-tanking the Sabres, there's a 67.5% chance that the Sabres pick 3rd. This highlights the absolute NEED to finish last...

I pick Hanafin, though. He's the BPA in that situation and it basically means the Sabres trade for a center...like ROR :naughty:

Clock

May 13, 2006
I don't get why you guys are so upset. This thread is obviously talking about when we package the Isles and Blues picks to move up to #3 after already selecting #1. Duh.

Don't even. Someone's going to read this and take it seriously.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
BPA which many still feel is Hanifin but several players are nipping at his heels. Right after him I like Marner because of the dynamic nature of his game and the speed at which he can play. Something we don't really have in the stable at the moment

Last edited:

Bps21*

If I survive the cyanide I choose Marner. I believe this team can find a good D a hell of a lot easier than a good forward. Half of this league still doesn't know what a good defenseman looks like and signs the wrong ones constantly. A productive forward? Not only do they all get PAID but you need more of them...and we have less of them.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Hanifin if he is available at 3, trade the pick if he isn't
Wait, if Hanifin isn't available at 3, that means McDavid or Eichel is available...

How awesome would that be, by the way? All the people who swallowed cyanide in April would be rolling in their graves.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
If we end up with the 3rd pick I try to trade up first. Assuming Edmonton then has #2, I would give them #3 and a heck of a lot for #2 to draft Eichel. If they are not interested and take Eichel, then I try to trade down one or two spots to get Marner/Strome and another asset. Plan C would be to stay there and draft Hanifin.

Nothing against him, I would be happy to have him, but I still want forwards; especially this high in the draft.

Now if we trade for O'Reilly and our top 6 includes Reinhart, Kane, Ennis, Girgensons O'Reilly and Molson, I could be talked into adding Hannifin to Zadorov, Ristolainen and Bogosian as our top 4 D. Throw in Fasching, Compher, Bailey, Baptiste and McCabe/Pysyk (one is going to Avs for O'Reilly) and you have the makings of a solid young team.

EDIT: Assumed trade in the O'Reilly scenerio is something like Grigorenko, Pysyk (or McCabe) and late 1st.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
You never disappoint.

I don't think there can be anything more crushing then losing out on McEichel in the last ~6 weeks of the season. I would take it harder then I did the 99 scf. With 24 games left we have a 6 point lead. If we lose out on 30th and then subsequently the lottery I'd be devastated. We deserve a Crosby type player. We deserved one in 05 as it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad