Your Pick At 3rd Overall

ColonelForbin

Oct 10, 2006
This has been discussed extensively elsewhere, but I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone sees this a few months from the draft. Should the Sabres end up picking 3rd, who should they take?

On the one hand, you have a possible #1 left-handed D-man who would complete a top-4 that has the potential to be one of the best in the league. On the other hand, this is hopefully Buffalo's last basement year during the rebuild and by extension their best chance to grab another elite offensive prospect.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Hanifan. Not that we should chose based on need, but we do need a LHD, and he would solidify our top 4 for a decade. Easy choice for me. He's amazing in all aspects of the game and skates like Baryshnikov.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Hanifan. Not that we should chose based on need, but we do need a LHD, and he would solidify our top 4 for a decade. Easy choice for me. He's amazing in all aspects of the game and skates like Baryshnikov.

Hanifan hands down

I amend my pick to Marner, because Hanifin will be the most frequently misspelled Sabre since Pominville (HM: Tyler "Mayers/Meyers").

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Obviosusly it would hurt to come away from this draft without a franchise center, but at 3rd you still gotta go BPA and pick Noah. Ultimately I think the team would be fine in the long run, just instead of getting a Stamkos, we get a Doughty.

Also, now that you've whined about the OP, answer it.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
HiyfxnI.jpg

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If we picked 3rd I wouldn't even bother caring about this team anymore.

:laugh:

Is this anymore nonsense, or anymore of a jinx than seeing some people already pencilling in McDavid into next season's LU.

Personally I think I'm set on them getting Eichel now, but if they finish 29th & pick Hanifin it's hardly a complete disaster. They'd hands down have the best D in the league for the next 10 years or so.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I don't get why people think this isn't a legitimate discussion. 1.) It could happen. 2.) It's pertains to the draft overall.

Hanifin is my pick. Shouldn't Crouse be an option, I thought he was working his way into this discussion.*

*following the draft class only casually.

ColonelForbin

Oct 10, 2006
exactly why are we picking at #3?

curse you for even thinking it could happen.

I hope they pick top two and fully expect them to. It's just an interesting hypothetical scenario. Potential #1 D-man vs potential 1st-line offensive talent based on what else this team has.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
While Marner has made it slightly more interesting, Hanifin is still my pick at No. 3.

Really, so long as Buffalo lands one of McEichel, Hanifin or Marner, I'll consider this season a success (though it'd be a much greater success if it's McEichel).

No interest in Crouse.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
My vote would be Hanifin too. We'd still need help on offense, but apart from a #1C that is probably easier to bring in through trade/FA than top pairing defensemen.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
To me personally if buffalo get the 3rd pick then they might as well trade down to 4th or 5th for a pick switch and a prospect. Hanafin isn't needed here and stome or marner will both be on the board at 4 or 5. Basically is McDavid or Eichel or bust

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
To me personally if buffalo get the 3rd pick then they might as well trade down to 4th or 5th for a pick switch and a prospect. Hanafin isn't needed here and stome or marner will both be on the board at 4 or 5. Basically is McDavid or Eichel or bust

How is Hanifin not needed here?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don't get why you guys are so upset. This thread is obviously talking about when we package the Isles and Blues picks to move up to #3 after already selecting #1. Duh.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't get why you guys are so upset. This thread is obviously talking about when we package the Isles and Blues picks to move up to #3 after already selecting #1. Duh.

You mean our 2nd of course because we already traded one of the later 1sts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad