Your opening day lineups

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Tough to decide when we don't even have a full camp roster yet, but here goes..

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Give this line a real shot together. I like the make up of the group at ES and on the PP.

Panarin - Howden - Kakko
I know this is the group people will shit on, but I've been the conductor on the Howden train since the moment McD was linked to Tampa. I think he has the highest chance of being a legitimate 2nd line NHL center of any of the guys in our pipeline right now and he can bring a different dynamic to a line with two elite wingers. Simple chips to the wing to get out of his own end and then get to the net. Give them cushier match-ups to ease the defensive responsibility of all of them. I also like how this group lines up as a PP unit.

Lemieux - Strome - Chytil
I like Chytil on the off-wing but he should be given some opportunity in Howden's place as well. Howden can drop to this line as the C and move Strome to the RW when necessary.

Names - Nieves - Fast
I expect Fast and Names to shuffle up and down the lineup but this can be a good energy line. Good speed and can hopefully create a decent forecheck.

Skjei - Trouba
Pretty self explanatory.

Staal - DeAngelo
Don't see anyone supplanting Staal out of camp, but hopefully someone does before Christmas. TDA deserves the 2RD spot and a longer leash this season, IMO. I think there's shades of Dan Boyle in his game and I hope the Rangers continue to cultivate that.

Hajek, Rykov, or Lindgren - Vet D
Those are the 3 LD prospects who I think are the closest to being NHL defensemen. Rykov has the leg up with his experience in the KHL, but may need time to adjust to life in North America. I think Hajek and Lindgren would get more benefit from a limited role than some other guys who need bigger minutes as first year pros. I also expect the Rangers to try and add a veteran RD before the season starts on a 1 year deal. McQuaid or Stone. Someone like that. I don't expect two rookies to make up the bottom pairing.

13th F / 7th D
Smith. He's here until he's not and was passable in this role last year. Keep him there until someone forces him out.

Kravtsov and Andersson with the Pack. Hopefully on a high quality scoring line with a good AHL vet. I think Kravtsov should be eased in but could easily see him making a lot of noise at camp given how talented he is. Unless Lias has a monster camp he should go back to the AHL. I just don't think he's earned a spot in the NHL so far.

Fox should spend a few months in Hartford polishing his offensive game and learning how to battle pro forwards in his own end. He's an elite offensive prospect but I don't think he's NHL ready defensively and I'd rather he get 20 minutes and massive PP time in Hartford than get the yo-yo treatment with the Rangers.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
13th F / 7th D
Smith. He's here until he's not and was passable in this role last year. Keep him there until someone forces him out.
Said it before and I'll say it again, Smith starts as the 12th forward on the 4th line. 12F/7D

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Too many people are.
I think the key is to just get him into an environment where he can consistently produce rather than giving him a constantly rotating set of depth linemates. Figure out if you want him to be a C or W and then decide where is the best fit for him to play. If that's in Hartford, then so be it. If you can get him on a similar trajectory to JT Miller, we should see him be a strong, consistent NHL producer by late D+4/D+5.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think the key is to just get him into an environment where he can consistently produce rather than giving him a constantly rotating set of depth linemates. Figure out if you want him to be a C or W and then decide where is the best fit for him to play. If that's in Hartford, then so be it. If you can get him on a similar trajectory to JT Miller, we should see him be a strong, consistent NHL producer by late D+4/D+5.
I think the key is to put him in a situation where he can succeed. At something. If that is a 4th line, energy guy, that's fine. For now. Let him build some confidence. Feel good about his game.and keep things simple. From there, let the rest of game round into shape.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko
Kreider - Chytil - Buchnevich/Kravtsov
Andersson -Strome- Kravtsov/Buchnevich
Lemieux - Howden - Fast
McKegg

Skjei - Trouba
Hajek - DeAngelo
Staal - Fox
Rykov

Lundqvist
Georgiev

Notables:
No Boo/Kreider synergy
Krav not #1 centaur
Buch/Krav interchangeable
Andersson/Howden are probably interchangeable
Staal has to be 3rd pair
Don't like the 2nd pair but as long as Staal does not get those minutes it is a win for the kids.
Kakko might start the season on a different line but the projection is for him to be top line.
Somebody has to move.....why not Names?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm a little surprised that at this point in their careers everyone has Kakko ahead of Kravtsov. I dont mean as a finished product but at this point.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
8475184.jpg
8476459.jpg
NYZ2m9U.jpg

8478550.jpg
8480078.jpg
8477402.jpg

8476480.jpg
8476458.jpg
G2bCUG2.jpg

8477962.jpg
8480072.jpg
8475855.jpg

8479353.jpg

8476869.jpg
8476885.jpg

8479333.jpg
8477950.jpg

XIcziN7.jpg
R8acGDX.jpg

8474090.jpg
The lack of Staal in this one roasts my chestnuts.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
My predictions after camp

Panarin Zibanajad Buchnevich
Kreider Strome Kakko
Lemieux Andersson Kravtsov
Namestnicov Howden Fast
Smith

Skjei Trouba
Staal ADA
Hajek Fox

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
We need to boost the trade values of kreider, nam and strome

Kreid. Zib. Kak
Pan Nam. Bush
Lem. Lias. Strome
McK. How. Fast

Skjei. Tru
Haj. DeA
Staal. Fox

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I’m so excited for Panarin and Zibanejad together. I’ve been huge fans of Zibby and Buch for a few years now, as some of you may recognize me, as I’ve been in GDT’s before.

You’ll be seeing me a lot as I’ll be watching just about every Ranger game now that I have Panarin in fantasy too.

what a fun roster to follow

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
With the roster we currently have I'd probably do:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Andersson-Kakko
Lemieux-Namestnikov-Fast
Howden-Strome-McKegg

Skjei-Trouba
Hajek-DeAngelo
Smith-Fox

PP1:
Kreider
Panarin-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
DeAngelo

PP2:
Andersson
Trouba-Strome-Kakko
Fox

PK1:
Namestnikov-Fast
Skjei-Trouba

PK2:
Zibanejad-Kreider
Smith-Fox

Reactions: egelband

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Strome has 14 points in his last 19 games, I take it no one is thinking he might actually work on the 2nd line?

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd rather not have Smith in the lineup just for him to play D on the PK. I want to see ADA or Fox step into that role and learn how to become more all-around dmen.

Other than that, I'm ok with the lines to start the year. I'd like to see Lias higher, but it's only game 1, and I understand the hesitation to push him higher in the lineup. If I'm being optimistic and tried to guess what's going on behind the scenes, Quinn is trying to use this as a motivating factor to keep pushing Lias. They've praised Lias every step along the way, and Lias has been pretty vocal about the changes he's made to be better this season. We know how competitive Lias is as a player, and his progression up the lineup is a nice story to watch unfold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad