GDT: Your NJ Devils @ The Winged Wheel, 1/4/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

We were within a split second of scoring 3 power play goals tonight. What a difference a successful power play makes. Hamilton had maybe his best power play game ever for us. Would love to see more of him just taking a couple strides and shooting. Like he did tonight.

And wouldn’t it be nice if this was the game that gave Holtz some confidence and started him rolling. The way he picked that corner on the goal and the wrist shot (as opposed to the slapper) were a glimpse of things to come. A guy who can pick that corner that way is going to score 20 to 30 in this league. He’s got good instincts for the play and looked more comfortable out there tonight.

I liked how Lindy used double shifting Hughes at times to maximize our personnel.

Plus you can’t forget how key Vanacek was in keeping us even until we got those first scores. They had some remarkably tough looks at him until midway in the second. But like our prior game in Detroit, the Wings kind of quit once they got down more than a couple goals.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
giphy.gif

For those who wanted it.
I like the tribute to Jeremy Renner

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’m sure there’s some folks that look at the final score and somehow assess the devils as having dominated this game. That was like the third straight mediocre game they’ve played 5v5. It’s nice to win a game thanks to special teams and goaltending for once. The last few games seem to be offsetting for several of the losses where we deserved better during the losing streak.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Great to get a win like this one but I don't know why the reaction is so positive - the Devils really did not play all that well, Vanecek bailed them out, and on the offensive end they got some bounces they haven't been getting. It is nice to see the Devils winning this sort of game - they probably lost ten like it last year - and it's also nice to have a win where the result isn't in doubt in the final ten minutes, not sure about the last time that happened but I think it's been a month - still, though, Siegenthaler-Hamilton was destroyed in the first two periods and the Graves-Severson weren't much better.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
It is nice to see the Devils winning this sort of game - they probably lost ten like it last year - and it's also nice to have a win where the result isn't in doubt in the final ten minutes, not sure about the last time that happened but I think it's been a month

This here is why we are all excited.

And, after the rough December, we will all take wins any way we can get them the rest of the way.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The original quote was probably something like

''He's the backup 55% of the time Mac dresses.. I mean he's the backbone of our team''.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Yeah, we played fine tonight, but it was slightly tilted in Detroit's favour 5 on 5. We NEVER win those though, so it feels nice.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad