GDT: Your NJ Devils @ The Winged Wheel, 1/4/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Sadly another quiet game by Bratt, but it was a 'good' quiet game. Was defensively responsible and had a few decent chances.

Yeah. A good quiet game is a good way to put it. He did some nice stuff in the defensive zone and neutral zone. He gets ragged on by some for being bad in his own zone but I don’t really see that. I think tonight was a good example of his worth without the puck on his stick. There was a play in the first where his man was the backdoor and he covered it beautifully. The broadcast crew pointed it out on the replay.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Holtz’s best game in the NHL tonight. Made smart plays and was engaged. The kid still has a good bit of potential. The biggest test for him will be his play away from the puck. This system is quite taxing on the forwards who are often covering for pinching d-men. He doesn’t have the speed a lot of our forwards do so it will be interesting to see how things play out going forward. Definitely some good signs tonight. That shot just makes me want to drop my pants.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

For those who wanted it.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Holtz’s best game in the NHL tonight. Made smart plays and was engaged. The kid still has a good bit of potential. The biggest test for him will be his play away from the puck. This system is quite taxing on the forwards who are often covering for pinching d-men. He doesn’t have the speed a lot of our forwards do so it will be interesting to see how things play out going forward. Definitely some good signs tonight. That shot just makes me want to drop my pants.
Without a doubt his best game. No glaring errors, he was engaged. He has a lot of potential for us and giving up on him early would've been sad.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Glad Holtz had a game. Wish he would get a chance with Hughes. Hughes is a monster. Dougie is worth the money, smith is an idiot. Siegs had a truly bad game.

Good for Nico to have 2 points on his birthday and for the team to get some offense for one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad