GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 PM, MSG, Hockey Fights Cancer Night at the Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They played fine against Columbus but they didn't generate the same quality of chances against the Jackets. Barely nothing inside. Tonight was very reminiscent of last year, Nico was a big part of that tonight.
I don't agree that it was one player . getting an important piece back is always a plus...this was team that worked itself out of a funk and we saw signs of life in the last game.

Of course Nico had a role ...but there were a plethora of things to point to that aided in the success.

Reactions: Guadana

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I don't agree that it was one player . getting an important piece back is always a plus...this was team that worked itself out of a funk and we saw signs of life in the last game.

Of course Nico had a role ...but there were a plethora of things to point to that aided in the success.
Not sure where I said it was one player. Nico had a strong game and was a big part of the win, as were other guys. It was a complete team effort tonight, as you said.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
f*** yes, bring it

Our captain is Nico, I call Norm, ya know?

A1A05BEA-7F4F-47C0-8BFB-7801A54E6F55.gif

So the Devils.....STOPPED THE BLEEDING.

Good job.

Now the next game is a Must-win instead of a "Need To Win At All Costs".
But no one can stop the @Bleedred.

Recognize.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
What were the D-Pairings tonight? Any of the pairings seem to be particularly effective?

Siegs-Dougie
Bahl-Marino
Hughes-Miller

All played well. Hughes and Miller have good chemistry. Sal put up some stats to reflect that.

We got the typical Dougie Hamilton experience. 2 assists, one horrendous pinch which led to them giving up an odd man rush with him taking an eventual penalty. Which they scored on....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People can cite the record with the big two but literally the only reason they were winning games early on was because Jack and the PP were both otherworldly.

Hopefully they finally got it through their thick skulls they have to actually play defense and play more than 20-25 minutes a night, then they should be able to get on a run if the goaltending doesn't hold them back anyway. And no the goaltending wasn't the entire reason they were losing the last few weeks either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad