GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 PM, MSG, Hockey Fights Cancer Night at the Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
from tears to a tear

...and tears for fears, sowing the seeds of cup.

boo all you want
42aRLz.gif

Lay some more poetry on me brother.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just watched the highlights. That was nice.

Was Smith having a great night? He was in a couple of clips and Bill sounded really hopped up on him.
This Brendan Smith arc if it actually goes on this way will throroughly amuse me...cause my main problem with this dude hasn't even been his dumb penalties, it's he'll go and pinch all the freaking time as if he's Bobby Orr, including pinching when he was with Luke and supposed to be the stay at home guy.

So playing him up front is like saying 'okay, you want to go firewagon and play in the offensive zone despite being slow as molasses'? Go be a forward then, except on the PK where even he doesn't go nuts trying to be the second Bobby Orr. He could actually become pretty valuable if he does continue in that hybrid role and plays well up front.

Last edited:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
This Brendan Smith arc if it actually goes on this way will throroughly amuse me...cause my main problem with this dude hasn't even been his dumb penalties, it's he'll go and pinch all the freaking time as if he's Bobby Orr, including pinching when he was with Luke and supposed to be the stay at home guy. So playing him up front is like saying okay you want to go firewagon and play in the offensive zone? Be a forward then, except on the PK where even he doesn't go nuts trying to be the second Bobby Orr.

He did have the shorthanded 2 on 1 with McLeod. Hilarious game, he endeared me a bit tonight.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
This Brendan Smith arc if it actually goes on this way will throroughly amuse me...cause my main problem with this dude hasn't even been his dumb penalties, it's he'll go and pinch all the freaking time as if he's Bobby Orr, including pinching when he was with Luke and supposed to be the stay at home guy.

So playing him up front is like saying 'okay, you want to go firewagon and play in the offensive zone despite being slow as molasses'? Go be a forward then, except on the PK where even he doesn't go nuts trying to be the second Bobby Orr. He could actually become pretty valuable if he does continue in that hybrid role and plays well up front.
Was hilarious though when he took a hooking or tripping penalty in the offensive zone on a 1 v 1. Did play a decent game though. I prefer him as a 13th forward rather than a dman.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blatant high stick on Bratt in front of the ref on Luke’s goal.

f*** that noise.
Yeah, I noticed that right as it was happening. Wasn’t sure if it was a trip or high stick at the moment, but knew he didn’t go down on his own.

Smith as a forward is fine, because I don’t think there’s actually anyone better to play or call up. I don’t think anyone is gonna help us more that we could play (Willman) or can call up.

I guess Tyce can get a shot soon, but that’s the only one I can think of.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
He did have the shorthanded 2 on 1 with McLeod. Hilarious game, he endeared me a bit tonight.
- Had a transition pass from the d zone that started a 3 on 2

- Forechecked hard, got the puck and fed Jack a beautiful pass that led to the delayed penalty goal

- Went after Clifton

- Had that great rush with the 2 on 1 as you mentioned

- murdered a guy with a hit

- Had a takeaway in the dzone and deked through the defense

- Got an assist, 2 shots, +1, 3 hits

Like, holy f***. He should have been one of the stars IMO lmao he brought energy and showcased some vision out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad