GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ RCAF Combat Aircraft (7:00 pm, MSGSN2, NHL Network)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I know that people, including the team, will point to no excuses and that every team goes through it but last night was their 18th game in 33 days. These guys are human. If you don't think that it catches up to guys at certain points, in particular a 3 games in 4 nights schedule where the last 2 are back to backs on the road ending in Winnipeg? It's a reasonable assumption to make.

If you'd rather dwell on the doom and gloom, have at it. I ain't ya daddy!

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I know that people, including the team, will point to no excuses and that every team goes through it but last night was their 18th game in 33 days. These guys are human. If you don't think that it catches up to guys at certain points, in particular a 3 games in 4 nights schedule where the last 2 are back to backs on the road ending in Winnipeg? It's a reasonable assumption to make.

It was a bleak day in Winterpeg, the bane of the Devils. Agree, move on, it's comedy. These games happen. It's the close ones where they should win that are more infuriating - this one, it just was a train wreck from the get go and that's fine.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I ain't ya daddy!
LIES
IMG_7303.jpeg

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm just glad that we still haven't been shut out this season. Ridiculous that they let it get so close to the end of the game though.

Ya a blowout loss sucks, but we're basically already locked into our first round matchup with the Rangers. Whatever.

Reactions: glenwo2

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Not that it would’ve had any impact on the result, but I’m not sure why we didn’t give anyone a night off on the back to back. This is the time to do load management. I would imagine getting someone consecutive days off to recover would help a little. I guess hockey just isn’t there yet the way basketball is.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Not that it would’ve had any impact on the result, but I’m not sure why we didn’t give anyone a night off on the back to back. This is the time to do load management. I would imagine getting someone consecutive days off to recover would help a little. I guess hockey just isn’t there yet the way basketball is.

The Devils are only carrying one extra player.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was being silly about the loss. There was main board thread earlier in the year that suggested NJ was not actually a good team and they wouldn't sustain being a good team but here we are. Tonight's loss struck me as food for the desperate to discredit a good young team crows.

If it makes you feel better I got the joke (and it was a fine one, take heart!)

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Unfortunately these games still matter. As of last night the division was there for the taking. And now we don't want the Rangers passing us.

Otherwise I'd be all for it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Carolina has a game in hand and much easier schedule. Not sure turning their 1 point lead into a 3 point lead last night is what lost the division.

We have the 3rd best record in the NHL after losing last night. I’m not going to complain about not winning enough games this season.

If I was going to bellyache about anything, I wish the home and away records were reversed but that’s life.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

more importantly than the lack of rest….they were in Winnipeg :sarcasm:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m a Canadian that lives in Western Canada , so I can get away with it a little more than others when I say , Winnipeg is the armpit of the universe .
I’m kidding .. but honestly , it gets waaaay too cold for way too long in winter, and in summer , the bugs are so bad that it’s almost unbearable outside . Other than that is amazing !! Lol .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I’m a Canadian that lives in Western Canada , so I can get away with it a little more than others when I say , Winnipeg is the armpit of the universe .
I’m kidding .. but honestly , it gets waaaay too cold for way too long in winter, and in summer , the bugs are so bad that it’s almost unbearable outside . Other than that is amazing !! Lol .
I believe it was a TV announcer that described it as "where snowdrifts go to die".

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It's almost as bad as Minnesota. 9" of ice and snow Friday - another 5" coming tomorrow and 2" Wed with warming up above freezing just to make a big puddle everywhere and then freeze again overnight. Still over 2' of packed snow on the ground too.

I'm ready to move to the Carolinas or something.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Winnipeg is just too cold for me. Same with Jersey and pretty much most places north of where I am. Like even Jacksonville, Florida. They get the freezes more often that I don’t. They get more cold fronts.

We had this cold front over Christmas that was brutal by our standards. It isn’t so bad when the sun comes out, but it was cloudy and depressing. Like Vancouver/Seattle with palm trees. It was close to freezing. It definitely froze inland but I’m on the coast and I’m not sure it quite got below 33.

I can’t take cold anymore, not after mostly being out of it for 12 years now.

I came up for the two jersey retirement games, which were both in February and I whined the whole time about how cold it was.

I literally haven’t left the state in 5 years now, mostly because of my dog and then having a live-in girlfriend for the first 2-3 years of that.

Like I said, I’d love to do the snowbird thing, but I don’t have the money for that. I am mortgage free though, after using my savings moving down here and buying in cash. I would say I’m doing alright.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Winnipeg is just too cold for me. Same with Jersey and pretty much most places north of where I am. Like even Jacksonville, Florida. They get the freezes more often that I don’t. They get more cold fronts.

We had this cold front over Christmas that was brutal by our standards. It isn’t so bad when the sun comes out, but it was cloudy and depressing. Like Vancouver/Seattle with palm trees. It was close to freezing. It definitely froze inland but I’m on the coast and I’m not sure it quite got below 33.

I came up for the two jersey retirement games, which were both in February and I whined the whole time about how cold it was.

I literally haven’t left the state in 5 years now, mostly because of my dog and then having a live-in girlfriend for the first 2-3 years of that.

Like I said, I’d love to do the snowbird thing, but I don’t have the money for that. I am mortgage free though, after using my savings moving down here and buying in cash. I would say I’m doing alright.
So do you have to put on a parka when you open your freezer?:naughty:

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California

I spent the last seven years in California and then did 2021 in Maine. Trust me, it might take a little bit but you will adjust back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I spent the last seven years in California and then did 2021 in Maine. Trust me, it might take a little bit but you will adjust back.
I think it’s also an age thing.

When I was younger I could go back into the cold climates and be fine after an hour or two.

I’m sure it’ll be worse the older I get.

I also had quite a bit more weight on me when I last was a resident of Jersey, so the extra layers also helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad