GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 5 PM, MSGSN

What will you be watching on Saturday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can’t score first
Can’t score 6 on 5
Can’t get to overtime

The amount of ways we’ve f***ed ourselves at the margins is impressive.
We've actually scored a decent amount of 6 on 5 goals this year, but there's a huge asterisk to that.

Almost all of them (but one) were scored when we were down by two goals, so they didn't tie the game to send it to overtime.

I can even remember several times where the other team already put it into our empty net when we were only down by one, only for us to pull the goalie again and finally get the goal, but it wasn't until we were down by two.

I'm pretty sure our only 6 on 5 goal to tie the game this year was the coast to coast Luke goal against the Blue Jackets. And I vividly remember us coming dangerously close to giving up the empty net goal just seconds before that play transpired.

One weird thing that we've done about 4 times this year was score a game winner in the last couple minutes of regulation. Sometimes even the last minute. Bratt did it the other night, he also did it against Vancouver earlier in the year on the road. We scored a game winner with like 20 seconds left against the Islanders way back in like November? And didn't we score a late regulation winner against Colorado in the last week of games that Vitek played before he got injured?

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad