Your New Jersey Devils - fastest team in the league?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
and I think it may be by a wide margin!

Fastest straight line skater in the league and two other guys in top 10-15 overall speed in Wood, Hall, and Grabner.

Then you have Hischier, Bratt, Coleman, Gibbons (when healthy), and Moore as speedy guys/above average speed. In fact, everyone else is about average speed minus Boyle, Zajac, and possibly Maroon (dont know yet, his first NJ game is tonight).

Is NJ the fastest team in the league? If not, who is? If they are, how close are teams behind them?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Pretty difficult to judge or quantify really, but they're certainly one of the fastest, and that's not up for debate. It's great to see how they've re-worked their team from slow, trap, defensive team to a high-flying speedy skilled team.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Pretty difficult to judge or quantify really, but they're certainly one of the fastest, and that's not up for debate. It's great to see how they've re-worked their team from slow, trap, defensive team to a high-flying speedy skilled team.

They stopped trapping a long time ago but thanks for noticing

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's definitely something when you have Hall, Grabner and Wood all on separate lines.

Individual players doesn't mean the team plays fast but we know they do.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Fastest skating? I think so. Pens and Leafs play faster though and that has to do with their general puck movement

Reactions: 99664987

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

They haven't been a trap defensive team in years... but from the moment they lost Kovalchuk through the Hall trade those Devils teams were about as slow and unskilled as you could get.

It's been a quick turnaround though that's for sure. Gives me hope for the Rangers if we get some luck in this draft lotto

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
They stopped trapping a long time ago but thanks for noticing
Sure, they stopped trapping, but they still maintained that image as a slow, defensive-minded team, there's no way anyone would consider them anywhere near to that these days.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
We can discuss this as much as you want. Just lose tonight. K, thanks.

giphy.gif

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Fastest skating? I think so. Pens and Leafs play faster though and that has to do with their general puck movement

They’ve made the Pens look slow twice thus far this season... the first they were on a back to back but what’s the excuse for the 2nd time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad