GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (8-5-4) @ Nashville Predators (10-8-1), 6 PM, ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We are way better than last year but we are still not quite there for being a playoff team. Too much inconsistency. We need to bring our “A” game every single game. This game wasn’t even close to how they need to play to make the playoffs. Too many highs and lows so far. They need a spark soon or we are going to fade fast. Hopefully Hughes can get them going but that’s a lot to ask of a kid amd one player to turn things around

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Only 1 who doesn’t work for the team or league in some round about way.

I know there’s nobody left at NJ.com/The Ledger or the Post, is it really just Masiak? Coulda sworn there was another, Dom Whatsisname?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I believe we have two more(?) on ESPN+
I think we have 4 more after tonight? I forgot when the last two are, but two of those are in the next 2 weeks, with the next one being Tuesday against the Sharks. And then I know the next Hiney Head game in 2 weeks is on here again.

Reactions: HyperX

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
We are way better than last year but we are still not quite there for being a playoff team. Too much inconsistency. We need to bring our “A” game every single game. This game wasn’t even close to how they need to play to make the playoffs. Too many highs and lows so far. They need a spark soon or we are going to fade fast. Hopefully Hughes can get them going but that’s a lot to ask of a kid amd one player to turn things around
Slightly better offensively, still suck on the power play and worse defensively.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Inexcusable, they've come out flat waaaaay too many times this season, I mean a ton of games. Hard to compete when you're behind the 8 ball all the time and rely on third period comebacks.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s probably more about effort than structure when you get NINE SHOTS in two periods. I mean come on this isn’t Weber, Suter and Pekka Rinne in his prime out there.

Reactions: Call Me Al

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh wow, no shutout.

I had a feeling if we scored it would be after we allowed another.

Reactions: glenwo2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
We’re down bad but we’re not down bad enough to compliment Hynes ever.
It’s true though. Flames game , this one . We cannot react fast enough to be efficient against teams that play a heavily structured game. The other teams know what to instinctively do and we just react. They don’t need to stop and think / react and they don’t need to chase the game like we are .
Once we get our lineup cemented and they work together longer then maybe we can play more instinctively

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad