GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (8-5-4) @ Nashville Predators (10-8-1), 6 PM, ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That's 5 losses in the last 6 games, anyone still think we are a good team, a playoff team? Seems to me that this team is gonna finish bottom 10 once again. Starting to be hard to believe they'll ever improve..

Tread water till Jack is back and then see what happens, I agree they’re probably not a playoff team but they’re still doing this with the guy who was primed for an insane breakout if he didn’t get chokeslammed by Lauzon

Camille the Eel

They need to find some guys to generate offense and score goals quick. Because right now they can’t do anything.
This one was lack of focus, effort, desire to win. Not lack of talent. We are as good a team as they are but not when we don’t play hard. We made it way too easy for them. 9 shots in the first two periods.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
That's 5 losses in the last 6 games, anyone still think we are a good team, a playoff team? Seems to me that this team is gonna finish bottom 10 once again. Starting to be hard to believe they'll ever improve..
Don't think anyone has said that this team's a playoff team yet. We're literally the youngest team in the NHL. But there are improvements and encouraging signs.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
This one was lack of focus, effort, desire to win. Not lack of talent. We are as good a team as they are but not when we don’t play hard. We made it way too easy for them.

Not really. This is 3 out of the last 4 games where they can create absolutely nothing and struggle to be any sort of threat to bury the puck. What line is a legitimate threat to score when they step on the ice other than the Mercer-Bratt line?

None.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
they don’t show up way too often but i don’t expect anything to change until jack comes back maybe

I feel like Hughes coming back will be a huge change for the team, and that can go either way. Maybe they take a big step forward with his additional offensive firepower, or maybe the lines get shuffled and it throws other guys off. Probably the former, but it would be just our luck for it to be the latter, right?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I feel like Hughes coming back will be a huge change for the team, and that can go either way. Maybe they take a big step forward with his additional offensive firepower, or maybe the lines get shuffled and it throws other guys off. Probably the former, but it would be just our luck for it to be the latter, right?

What lines are gonna get thrown off? They all suck except for the Mercer line.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
This one was lack of focus, effort, desire to win. Not lack of talent. We are as good a team as they are but not when we don’t play hard. We made it way too easy for them. 9 shots in the first two periods.
100%. When we're on our game, we can beat the best teams in the league, no doubt. Just have to get those efforts consistently, and it's not always easy for a young team. Just want them to show up against Philly.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Not really. This is 3 out of the last 4 games where they can create absolutely nothing and struggle to be any sort of threat to bury the puck. What line is a legitimate threat to score when they step on the ice other than the Mercer-Bratt line?

None.

And this is where your special teams come into play to help you when the rest of the team is struggling to generate 5v5 consistently but Recchi is the most useless assistant in the entire league.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
100%. When we're on our game, we can beat the best teams in the league, no doubt. Just have to get those efforts consistently, and it's not always easy for a young team. Just want them to show up against Philly.

Even when the Devils are on they have a very hard time converting chances and being dangerous offensively.

Camille the Eel

Not sure we match up consistently with the best teams in the league. But that’s sure not Nashville. We never really challenged them tonight and Nashville didn’t exactly look animated either. But we just didn’t bring much will to win to this game. None really.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh tatar isn't as invisible when he isn't scoring he also isn't a train wreck defensively at least not to the eye test
He’s still on pace for 40+ points this year. He’s still good, but I don’t think he’s gonna be having many more, if any 20 goal seasons anymore.

Gusev is just a never-was. Him soon washing out of the NHL was an easy money prediction last year.

Reactions: Pomee

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Even when the Devils are on they have a very hard time converting chances and being dangerous offensively.
Don't see how there's any evidence for this. We're at almost at 3 GPG and right in the middle of the pack. In our best games we've scored lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad