GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (24-12-3) vs. New York Rangers (22-12-6), 1 PM, MSGSN/NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
:biglaugh:

Vpjnq0.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Only thing that would've made that goal better was using the CAA goal horn like they did for the Islanders game when they wore the retros versus the Islanders, everything else was perfect.

I don't even get the thought concept here unless he sauces it over Sharangovich's stick, he's gonna handcuff Chytil on his backhand.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Only thing that would've made that goal better was using the CAA goal horn like they did for the Islanders game when they wore the retros versus the Islanders, everything else was perfect.

I don't even get the thought concept here unless he sauces it over Sharangovich's stick, he's gonna handcuff Chytil on his backhand.
I forgot they used the old horn that night, until you brought it up.

Maybe they didn't use it for this one because we lost the first time? But they already had the dates set and have to wear this jersey 4 times this year, so they couldn't scrap that, but they could scrap the old goal horn?

I remember in the first home game of the 2012 playoffs they used the old horn, but we blew a 3-0 lead that we had just a few minutes into the game and lost 4-3. So they went back to the Prudential Center horn for the next game and the duration of the playoffs. I think most of us assumed they went back to the regular horn because of the ugly loss, but maybe they were never planning on using it more than just that one game and it just so happened to end with us losing 4-3 after being up 3-0 a few minutes into the game.

Reactions: Guttersniped

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Maybe they didn't use it for this one because we lost the first time? But they already had the dates set and have to wear this jersey 4 times this year, so they couldn't scrap that, but they could scrap the old goal horn?

I remember in the first home game of the 2012 playoffs they used the old horn, but we blew a 3-0 lead that we had just a few minutes into the game and lost 4-3. So they went back to the Prudential Center horn for the next game and the duration of the playoffs. I think most of us assumed they went back to the regular horn because of the ugly loss, but maybe they were never planning on using it more than just that one game and it just so happened to end with us losing 4-3 after being up 3-0 a few minutes into the game.

oh f***.....they couldn't even go old, old school and get the horn from kemper arena.....shows how bullshit this RR 2.0 promotion was...no one behind the scenes thinking of the attention to detail. :sarcasm:

(and good riddance)

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Funny enough, that was my first ever playoff game and I knew we lost as soon as Clemmesen came in, I turned to my brother and said "Watch Clemmer beat us" and he was like"no way" and then it happened. :laugh: That was the weirdest game I went to as a fan, both goalies pulled, ton of goals in weird ways around the net. And yeah, I thought it was gonna be played too. I went with a rangers buddy and his family and the whole time during pre game while we were having drinks he was saying "that horn is gonna give me PTSD today" and then when Jack scored on the breakaway on Saturday and I didn't hear it, he was sort of relieved but still mad the Devils scored obviously lmao

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Funny enough, that was my first ever playoff game and I knew we lost as soon as Clemmesen came in, I turned to my brother and said "Watch Clemmer beat us" and he was like"no way" and then it happened. :laugh: That was the weirdest game I went to as a fan, both goalies pulled, ton of goals in weird ways around the net. And yeah, I thought it was gonna be played too. I went with a rangers buddy and his family and the whole time during pre game while we were having drinks he was saying "that horn is gonna give me PTSD today" and then when Jack scored on the breakaway on Saturday and I didn't hear it, he was sort of relieved but still mad the Devils scored obviously lmao
I was livid that we actually lost to Clemmensen. Not even that we lost to him, as much as we stopped scoring when he came in.

I wish the GDT of that thread still existed. I had some of my greatest hits in it.

Then stupid Kevin Dineen started him the next game and we made him look the backup he was and there was even a ''You're a backup!'' chant.

And then he got back in there for game 6 and allowed two weak ass goals, including the game winner in OT to Zajac.

He also talked a lot of shit in the morning skate interviews those games. It was almost like everybody in the media was dying to get sound clips from him. Where he said something like ''I feel like I can beat Brodeur any given night'' and he might have even said something like ''I feel like I'm the better goalie than Brodeur''.

But the funniest comment that I'll never forget came on the old Fire and Ice blog back when it was still there. I'm pretty sure the quote was

''Suck Marty's ass Clemmy, you career backup!''. Right after one of his ''I can be better than Brodeur'' comments.

My friend and I still laugh about that today and he constantly brings that up even more than I do. We regularly talk about that random comment at least once or twice a year.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille