GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (20-4-1) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (7-13-4), 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good thing this game isn't being aired on NHL Network, because otherwise we'd see that ad for a BSD class action approximately 9892653 times during tonight's game.
I tend to stay away from the NHLN games, as I remember them having different announcers. Like they use the guys in studio to call the games and show neither team's audio feed.

Unless they stopped doing that this year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

ugh lol i hate smith's play but his interviews are so freakin good

hey at least we'll only be 1-3 at worst this season lololol

Going full Bleedred on this:

I kinda wish they'd just f***ing STOP asking about what they need to do in the 1st period. (interviewers), it's like 20 games in and they are asking the same repetitive questions, over and over about 1st period starts.

Ad nauseum:
-Why can't you get going in the 1st?
-What do you need to do to go forward in the 1st?
-Is it something you need to adjust?
-I don't want to go back to the 1st period question, but I will. What style of play must you adopt when you first get there
-I don't want to say its a problem, but what can be done?
-I know its been discussed over and over, but what do you think? What does your coach say?

(ANd then when they do have a good 1st period, they probably go on for 10 games):
-You had a good start, what was the reason?
-Why didn't you apply this previous games, how come it took this long

Like, holy Jesus, please find another topic to talk about, because everyone who watches this team with some seriousness, and every coach/player on this squad knows its an issue.

The team's record is 20-4-1 and we can't find something else to talk to the players about?

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
730cccba-6c35-4f96-8889-cf57e460bf5e-gif.611889

74FD8A60-14AB-4E23-8EF7-2F8F6CCA502C.png
1939068F-FBC3-4E6F-83C7-B75D412BDFDC.jpeg

Nothing stops this train

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I kinda wish they'd just f***ing STOP asking about what they need to do in the 1st period. (interviewers), it's like 20 games in and they are asking the same repetitive questions, over and over about 1st period starts.

Ad nauseum:
-I don't want to go back to the 1st period question, but I will. What style of play must you adopt when you first get there
-I know its been discussed over and over, but what do you think? What does your coach say?

(ANd then when they do have a good 1st period, they probably go on for 10 games):

Like, holy Jesus, please find another topic to talk about, because everyone who watches this team with some seriousness, and every coach/player on this squad knows its an issue.

The team's record is 20-4-1 and we can't find something else to talk to the players about?

Can't blame the reporters too much. There are only so many ways to ask "how much of a wagon is this team?"

Asking about one of the few areas of concern is legitimate, even if it does get repetitive.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The episode of House that featured the "You again" moment was on today. It was like he was speaking to me personally. I started to well up but then I remembered you used that little video to give me a hard time about The Lighthouse. Thinking about the movie I threw up again in my mouth and here we are. What a long strange trip it's been.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Ad nauseum:

well don't ask hughes about gaining consistency throughout 60 minutes, that's for sure

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Can't blame the reporters too much. There are only so many ways to ask "how much of a wagon is this team?"

Asking about one of the few areas of concern is legitimate, even if it does get repetitive.

They're just relentlessly drilling into their heads they will have a bad first period. It's gonna be in their subconscious.

They gotta go reverse psychology on this and tell them they are horrible at 1st periods, and they will never find a way out of it.... then maybe we'll start to have better 1st periods to stop hearing the same shit all the time.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Just another game we should win the GDT battle in. A historic year for HFDevils
I mean it’s 1.5 hours before game time and our winning streak is higher than their post count. SAD for an original 6 team.

Ad nauseum:

Exactly. If shitting the bed in the first period continues the rest of the season and we play .750 hockey, then please continue sucking in the first period.

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad