GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (20-4-1) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (7-13-4), 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yep. I’m guessing Schmid will get Dallas on the back to back next week. Or maybe Blackwood if he’s back……
Bite your f***in tongue!

Or chop your fingers lol.

179605fd8940642f1903a9b77b84957d.png

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Bite your f***in tongue!

Or chop your fingers lol.

View attachment 617678

81CEC89C-3B4F-4527-9571-530F35CEEF9C.jpeg

Blackwood. Schmid. Grubauer. Hasek. Brodeur. It doesn’t matter who is in net for this team going forward. They’re going to lose more than they win. Their play the past few games is all you need to know it’s going down the tubes fast. I foresee at best a 2nd wild card slot and a sweep at the hands of the big bad Bruins in April.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hawks play waaay better than people thought they would be able to .
They are well coached and will probably do what other teams do when under-skilled = clog up neutral zone , play a very low event game and not get into a back and forth match . It will be like the Preds , Flyers games where we got to find a way to generate offence besides quick transitioning.

It will be frustrating but if we be patient and work hard , victory shall be ours !!
Go Devils Go !

Hawks have a 41% xG (3rd worst) and the 5th worst xGA/60. Their GF% is even worse at almost 35% and is worst in the league. The Hawks play just as poorly as expected and cannot defend.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
With a light schedule this week, I think it's reasonable to play Vanecek for both this game and the next against the Isles.
Why? When you filter out Keith Kincaid who has played only one game, Akira Schmid is leading the NHL in winning percentage, save percentage, and goals against average. Why wouldn't you want to have the league's Vezina front runner playing a game here and there?

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Hawks have a 41% xG (3rd worst) and the 5th worst xGA/60. Their GF% is even worse at almost 35% and is worst in the league. The Hawks play just as poorly as expected and cannot defend.
Only thing to look out for is their PP.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Looks like they're on their third string goalie as well. I didn't realize that both Stalock and Mrazek were injured, and I haven't heard anything about the guys listed in the lineup.
Söderblom is their goalie of the future and doing better than Mrazek anyway.

Well, not record wise, it’s Söderblom 2-6-2 vs Mrazek 2-5-1. Söderblom beat the Kings at home, the Ducks away and played the last 20 minutes in the Rangers win. Lost in OT to the Sabres and in a SO to Montreal.

Stalock is a bigger loss (unless you look at it in terms that Mrazek was a better rank commander because Stalock was doing ok). He was 3-2-1 before getting concussed 3 minutes into a game vs the NYI on 11/1.

Jaxson Stauber’s professional career consists of 6 games with the AHL’s Rockford Ice Hogs this season. Maybe @Brodeur knows more about the sad tales of their goalie depth woe.

The Hawks aren’t very good.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
That's a shell of a team if there ever was one. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the 2010's being considered a distant long-gone era, but here we are.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
With a light schedule this week, I think it's reasonable to play Vanecek for both this game and the next against the Isles.
if the result is the same as against the predators i could see split time between vv and schmid.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Good effort tonight! Let’s go!

Edit: Looked at the Blackhawks and Rangers game advanced stats and apprently the Hawks got dominated. I think that we can really get to this Hawks team quickly, but as many of you know, anyone can beat anyone. Big effort tonight!

LGD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad