GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (19-4-1) @ Philadelphia Flyers (8-11-5), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Which is why I HATE playing these scumbags. Always have to hold your breath. It truly amazing that any player that donnes that jersey, inherits the scumbag history…
This is why I hate this team/franchise more than the Rangers.

Always have, always will.

I even rooted for the Rangers over them in the 2014 playoffs when they played in the first round. That backfired as the Rangers made it all the way to the cup finals that year.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
A few exceptions over the years. Giroux. Also Simon Gagne. I respected him
You mean the same Giroux who knocked Zubrus out with a blatant and intentional shot to the head in the 2012 playoffs?

Yeah, f*** that guy.

Matter of fact he was a bitch and a douche that entire series when things weren't going their way.

Wish nothing but losing into perpetuity for him.

For those who don't recall:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
LGD
1670109852237.png

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
You mean the same Giroux who knocked Zubrus out with a blatant and intentional shot to the head in the 2012 playoffs?

Yeah, f*** that guy.

Matter of fact he was a bitch and a douche that entire series when things weren't going their way.

Wish nothing but losing into perpetuity for him.

Zubrus is my all time favorite player lmao I remember. Yes, some players take it over the edge from time to time. I don’t think a singular hit defines a players career. Cant remember any other plays he made that were dirty. Didn’t he come out and apologize to Zubrus in the handshake line when he wasn’t even dressed? Between that and him and Elias giggling in that one ‘fight’, he doesn’t make me mad at all.

Also, if thats the bar, guys like Wood and Ovechkin and anyone suspended once is then labeled as such. (They shouldn’t be)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yeah, f*** that guy.

Wish nothing but losing into perpetuity for that prick.

I like Giroux as a player and think he’ll go down as being somewhat underrated, but yeah I remembered this immediately before you even posted it.

For what it’s worth, I did appreciate him coming out for the handshake line in a game where he was suspended in 2012, but yeah I’ll never forget that.

Might have been a okay guy that just fell into the Flyers culture of being a piece of shit.

I’ll never forget being at a game years and years ago there where it was me, @Cage Helmet and another friends of ours. The guy who gets confused for Carey Price.

I’m pretty sure those two were underage, as they’re a little bit younger than me. Maybe they were 16-17. I was the adult and chaperone lol.

We were visiting for a Devils game in Philly and I was a pretty big dude but there was a group of guys f***ing with us. More than we should have been able to handle. Carey Price looking dude (who is 16-17 and has really long braids at this time) cleans everybody the f*** out because he’s a maniac. Started a big f***in riot. Thankfully the game was over so no chance of getting thrown out. He was 16-17 and taking on all these grown men like they were amateurs.

This dude has no problem taking on 5-10 guys. Guy is like Steven Seagal fighting all these dudes. We joked he was the most wanted man in Philly. He’s a real handsome dude, would never think he would be able to take on more than one guy, if even one guy. He had long braids back then and was slightly meaner looking.

I was kind of afraid to go to the games for a few years in Philly after that without him, as I thought people would remember me and I’d have to fight 10 or 15 guys that wanted revenge.

He never started shit with nobody or clocked anyone that didn’t deserve it, but this dude don’t back down from guys who try to fight him or his friends.

Pretty sure the cops were after us that night. This was over 20 years ago now, so hope I didn’t crack a cold case lol.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Zubrus is my all time favorite player lmao I remember. Yes, some players take it over the edge from time to time. I don’t think a singular hit defines a players career. Cant remember any other plays he made that were dirty. Didn’t he come out and apologize to Zubrus in the handshake line when he wasn’t even dressed? Between that and him and Elias giggling in that one ‘fight’, he doesn’t make me mad at all.

Also, if thats the bar, guys like Wood and Ovechkin and anyone suspended once is then labeled as such. (They shouldn’t be)
Zubrus was a Devil. And as I said, Giroux was a jackass that entire series.

Wood made a mistake when he was young and hasn't come near repeating it.

I have my opinions on Ovi but have learned to keep them to myself on here.

Doesn't matter though, fans are biased and I'm a fan. We hate Marchand yet everyone old enough on this board probably cheered for Claude Lemieux at some point. It comes with the territory.

I feel the same way about Hedman and Kucherov as I do Giroux, for consistencies sake.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Kinda saw the graphic out of the corner of my eye, but that dip in form Sal was talking about, anyone know the time period it’s referencing? Just curious.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I like Giroux as a player and think he’ll go down as being somewhat underrated, but yeah I remembered this immediately before you even posted it.

For what it’s worth, I did appreciate him coming out for the handshake line in a game where he was suspended in 2012, but yeah I’ll never forget that.

Might have been a okay guy that just fell into the Flyers culture of being a piece of shit.

I’ll never forget being at a game years and years ago there where it was me, @Cage Helmet and another friends of ours. The guy who gets confused for Carey Price.

I’m pretty sure those two were underage, as they’re a little bit younger than me. Maybe they were 16-17. I was the adult and chaperone lol.

We were visiting for a Devils game in Philly and I was a pretty big dude but there was a group of guys f***ing with us. More than we should have been able to handle. Carey Price looking dude (who is 16-17 and has really long braids at this time) cleans everybody the f*** out because he’s a maniac. Started a big f***in riot. Thankfully the game was over so no chance of getting thrown out.

This dude has no problem taking on 5-10 guys. Guy is like Steven Seagal fighting all these dudes. We joked he was the most wanted man in Philly. He’s a real handsome dude, would never think he would be able to take on more than one guy, if even one guy. He had long braids back then and was slightly meaner looking.

I was kind of afraid to go to the games for a few years in Philly after that without him, as I thought people would remember me and I’d have to fight 10 or 15 guys that wanted revenge.

He never started shit with nobody or clocked anyone that didn’t deserve it, but this dude don’t back down from guys who try to fight him or his friends.

Pretty sure the cops were after us that night. This was over 20 years ago now, so hope I didn’t crack a cold case lol.

My brother had a friend like that in college. Someone pulled a knife on him once and he told him the guy that he better use it on him because if he didn’t he would take it from him and use it himself. And that worked. He really saw some stuff as a kid too, he wasn’t bluffing.

Seeing a few real fights break out after Philly games at the old arena did teach me as a child how weirdly surreal and chaotically short actual fights really are. (And Rangers fans were always much softer than Flyers fans, and usually mouthier.)

A classic family story from the very early years of the Devils is a guy was smoking at the game and my dad aggressively told him to stop (using what we affectionately call his Asshole Voice) and the smoker responded by showing him his concealed handgun. He was a drunk off-duty policeman. Luckily the other guys he was with calmed him down. (I was not there.)

I actually share your good vibes for Giroux, who always felt was their Elias, but I also love me some very specific haterade for any Divisional or Conference rivals.

Man these uniforms are beautiful 😍
Earmuffs @Satans Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad