GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (17-13-2, 36 Pts) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (11-18-6, 28 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Dougie wasn’t on PP1 though. So they were generating without him there but teams caught on. But I do agree, they need a bigger shot on PP1

Right, it worked early but it's stagnant. Dougie 100% would've been back on PP1 if he wasn't hurt. Also I wouldn't hate if Luke ate more 5v5 mins since Siegs looks like an abomination right now and you give PP1 keys to Nemec up top

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Missed the game but just watched the highlights. Doesn’t seem like a game the inspires confidence.

Nope, not in the slightest but the glass full fan will say it eventually has to click for them. The issue has been dogshit teams for them this year so I'll be optimistic and say they got 2 points out of it. Also Jack needs to get out of the funk he's been in lol

Camille the Eel

Literally the most exciting goal I've seen in the NHL this year. BAR NONE.

PS - I still don't know where it went in the net. Did it get stuck or bounce out? I assume high.
High stick and blocker side right ? Picked a top corner and Merzlikis never moved. Laser shot. I’ve never seen him shoot a puck like that before.

Camille the Eel

Btw, the ice was shit again tonight, full of snow with the puck sticking and it cost both teams.

Siegs miscue on Chinakov looked like the puck sticking on him. Then on our game winner their forward has it dead on his stick 15 feet in front of Vitek and the guy fans on his shot, trying to curl it back for a wrister it sticks on him and Meier is off to the races.

We actually didn’t play a very good OT up to then.

Also what kind of fools make Luke merely the #3 star of the game? Luke has to be #1 after that play. Mercer with his 3 points a narrow second. Everyone in the league is watching that Luke highlight tonight.

NikGusev97

Oct 3, 2019
New Jersey
Luke is wonderful and oozes talent. But Niedermayer was on the highest level. He skated like few others and could play in an era when guys could stab you knee you punch you and kick you with impunity. And he was great defensively. Luke has a ways to go to match him as promising as he is already

Niedermayer's skating was breathtaking.

Those of us who lived through the Brodeur era and 3 out of 5 Cup wins were spoiled beyond belief. There will probably be nothing like it ever again. I'm still mad we didn't beat Colorado in 2001 in Game 7, that might have been our best team ever.

But this current crew has the potential for some nice Cup runs over the next 10 years if everything falls into place.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
They gain the zone well I think. Get set up. But then move the puck around the horn without creating good looks.

I'd allow Jack more freedom to improvise and probe the defense, see if he can get guys out of position.
The one issue that is really plaguing the Devils is the lack of poise from the defense just because of how green Bahl, Nemec, and Luke are.

They are capable of terrific plays (see both game tying goals) but they seem like they lack the poise in a lot of situations. It takes some veteran savvy to understand how to break down the PK and it just seems like Luke struggles a little with the nuances of it compared to a guy like Hamilton.

I don’t think Nemec would be much of a difference, nor any of the other defenseman we have. But it’s something he’s gonna need to learn quick.

Camille the Eel

What a fun ending, Dawson and Luke goals were absolutely awesome shots and was fantastic to see Timo coming alive more and more.

2 points is 2 points, at least it was fun!
Only I think i need something to calm my heart. In the interests of living longer maybe we could not have to come back twice in the last 4 minutes for the next few wins? This was close to being a very frustrating loss. Not the way we want to keep structuring wins. It’s living too dangerously. Highly entertaining for a neutral fan. But without Luke’s goal can you imagine this board right now?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The one issue that is really plaguing the Devils is the lack of poise from the defense just because of how green Bahl, Nemec, and Luke are.

They are capable of terrific plays (see both game tying goals) but they seem like they lack the poise in a lot of situations. It takes some veteran savvy to understand how to break down the PK and it just seems like Luke struggles a little with the nuances of it compared to a guy like Hamilton.

I don’t think Nemec would be much of a difference, nor any of the other defenseman we have. But it’s something he’s gonna need to learn quick.
I don't think Hamilton QB's the PP especially well, he just pounds away with shots.

I do agree that Luke still yields too often to teammates, most notably his brother.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Jacks decision making the last couple weeks has been worrisome. As others have said, he doesn't look injured, just making horrible decisions with the puck.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia