GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils (1-1) vs. the New York Islanders (2-1) at Barclays, TV on MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rod Pelley is one of the most pathetic excuses of a professional hockey player.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
This puzzles me, one we know what we got in Pelly and two he has less than a 1% chance of making the team, why is he even in these games?

The only logical reason is that Pete has 99% of the lineup set. There's maybe 2-3 guys they want to evaluate on offense. This is just awful hockey.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That huge competition on spots having a zillion forwards... I'm not entirely sure it was an excellent plan. Feels like we are just playing too many guys who gets no chemistry after a too short camp.

The guys competing aren't even playing tonight. Pelly and Burlon are not making this team and never were. Why is Pelly even killing penalties?

Let Matteau and Boucher have a shot and see what they got.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
LOL!
10256383_607954019314781_9002761467124820761_n.jpg

Deleted member 28548

The guys competing aren't even playing tonight. Pelly and Burlon are not making this team and never were. Why is Pelly even killing penalties?

Let Matteau and Boucher have a shot and see what they got.
Yeah thats a genuine head scratcher there. I'm not sure this team had any sustained pressure whatsoever in the first period.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think that only looked slightly better than the Philly 1st because the Isles aren't as good as Philly. Basically the same thing with different players on a different night.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If it wasn't obvious, our ability to sustain pressure and offense REALLY depends on our defensemen. I appreciate Lars and Gelly a lot more after that period, and Zids a TON more.

Poor Greene, its like he is playing on a desert island out there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For being a puck possession team the Devils couldn't even borrow the puck for 10 seconds straight throughout that period.

Those defensive pinches are so important and the guys out there right now can't do it. Why most of them will not be playing on this team this year. Hegs looks ok for a shift or too, but honestly they all look mediocre to bad.

Komi is literally lost out there. I don't think he knows where the puck or play is at all.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
as gomez continues to lose every faceoff he takes i sure as hell hope it is re assurance that he will not be on this team..god he blows.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
will we hit double digit SOGs tonight??

Sadly, it seems the Isles could probably just hold the puck and skate in circles to kill the rest of the game if they wanted to. Not a single Devil out there is fast enough to catch any of the Isles if they tried something like that.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Those defensive pinches are so important and the guys out there right now can't do it. Why most of them will not be playing on this team this year. Hegs looks ok for a shift or too, but honestly they all look mediocre to bad.

Komi is literally lost out there. I don't think he knows where the puck or play is at all.

how many games does he need to play before Pete/Lou say's goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad