GDT: YOUR New Jersey Devils (1-1) vs. the New York Islanders (2-1) at Barclays, TV on MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess they don't want to compete tonight either. This **** better not carry over or Pete really will have a short leash.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well there goes the one good thing lol.

Speed speed speed. Its killing them in preseason. Its REALLY noticeable.

Deleted member 28548

Embarrassing miscue by Kinkaid. Devils spending way too much time in their own end so far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll give up sex for the entire NHL season if Zubrus is moved to the 4th line and Petey Jr gets jettisoned into space.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
good news is if we start out this awful in regular season, Deboer won't be long for his job.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that happening, but it really should happen if we start slow AGAIN.

Last year we were like 4-2 in the preseason? Maybe we'll suck in the preseason, but get off to a good regular season start.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That line just had a good shift...

If they can't start putting some offense up, they need to be broken up once the season starts. Cause I guarantee we do have guys who can produce with those two. Not sure if Zubrus can.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The footspeed of this team is laughable. Embarrassing to watch. I can only hope they just aren't trying at all. Its like a joke. Like the opponents are the globetrotters skating circles around them until the fall over.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they can't start putting some offense up, they need to be broken up once the season starts. Cause I guarantee we do have guys who can produce with those two. Not sure if Zubrus can.

They are still developing chemistry. Havlat isn't settled at all yet. You can see that it will work out but it isn't there yet.

These bottom two lines are really wastes of time.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
That huge competition on spots having a zillion forwards... I'm not entirely sure it was an excellent plan. Feels like we are just playing too many guys who gets no chemistry after a too short camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad