GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (1-0-1, 3 Pts) vs. Florida Panthers (0-2-0, 0 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I always thought lines were worked out in the pre-season training. Then chemistry is built as the season proceeds. I must be wrong.
I definitely tend to agree with you. It's early so I don't mind it as much, but at some point you have to build chemistry. Might as well find the right combinations at the start of the year though.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Need another RangersDoggo-esque sacrifice, stat!
IMG_0963.jpeg

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Recap:

CF%: 59.17%
SCF%: 65.15%
HDCF%: 66.67%
xGF: 4.22
xGA: 3.72
xGF%: 53.15%
Shots: 36-29 NJ

Most likely some score effects at work here, but the boys fought back and didn't give up. If they play like they did in the third they'll be in good shape. You'd like VV to make a stop on 2 of those as well. Build off of this!
All the bitching about goaltending but it turns out he wasn’t even that far off from the vaunted xGA.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
All the bitching about goaltending but it turns out he wasn’t even that far off from the vaunted xGA.
After looking at the goals, I hated the 2nd goal, he definitely should've had that one. Maybe the first one, but I won't ding him on it, it was a blown coverage.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not the first good team to be out of sorts to start the year

I couldn’t disagree more. Good teams don’t get out of sorts. The Devils are clearly talentless and need more lottery picks to compete. Last year we heard it was early and this year they are finally having to play good teams. The shine is off the rose.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Toffoli has been fine, the goals will come. Mercer looked better tonight. Nico a little bit better and his face offs were better.

Timo not better, hopefully benching helps wake him up.

Not sure why Marino got benched.

Don't fall down 4-0 and they most likely get something out of this game.

Marino is firing shit passes into Bahls skates, making bad reads on defensive zone play, and being soft in the corners on pucks.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Camille the Eel

Luke with Hamilton in the 3d period was an interesting pairing. While Lindy isn’t likely to repeat it, Luke’s skating synced well with Hamilton’s lack of first step lateral speed when defending. And seeing Luke on his natural left handed side made me want to see them keep him there as he develops. I know it’s not his history. But I just don’t like to see a defenseman playing on his off hand side in this day and age. There’s a reason it’s rarely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad