GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS @ New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
D5kpvdg.jpeg

#littlebrother#fatso#94

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was the type of game you just try to erase from your memory and completely forget about it. Just a piss poor effort against a garbage team. Sometimes you just **** your pants without a proper warning, tonight was one of those nights. Let's just move on!

I'm with that, but I have not much confidence in the PK right now. I expect to give up at least 1 PP goal a game right now. Luckily the Flyers game the refs swallowed the whistles, and only gave one PP to each team. Mandatory PK practice to get the team back on track.

Also get Cone Henrik back up to the suites eating popcorn for Monday. I'm not pissed Fayne was scratched cause he sucked the last two games. It was very mild in comparison to Hank the suckage tank tonight though. I'd trade him for a 7th round pick right now. He's probably not worth nothing, and trading him is worth a lot of value as it is when it clears $3.775 million for next year.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm with that, but I have not much confidence in the PK right now. I expect to give up at least 1 PP goal a game right now. Luckily the Flyers game the refs swallowed the whistles, and only gave one PP to each team. Mandatory PK practice to get the team back on track.

Also get Cone Henrik back up to the suites eating popcorn for Monday. I'm not pissed Fayne was scratched cause he sucked the last two games. It was very mild in comparison to Hank the suckage tank tonight though. I'd trade him for a 7th round pick right now. He's probably not worth nothing, and trading him is worth a lot of value as it is when it clears $3.775 million for next year.
I'd rather have a lulling Fayne than an optimal Tallinder, as someone said!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather have a lulling Fayne than an optimal Tallinder, as someone said!

I'd go right back to Fayne. Tallinder tonight looked like Fayne did in John Maclean's last game as head coach for the Devils. Anyone who saw that game will recall Fayne was like pee wee level bad in that game. He only was called up a week or two before though. Tallinder tonight was on par with Foster, and Volchenkov in the Florida series. Tallinder was worse tonight than any game Volchenkov has played since the Florida series. And Volch is everybody's favorite whipping boy.

I'd send him away as soon as we can. I don't think we can get anything of value for him. He's played about 6 or 7 games (10 if you include the SCF games last year) after sitting out for 5 months with a blood clot, has been a healthy scratch for half the game this season, was a total cone tonight, and just sucks period. He's not even a shell of what he was in Buffalo. I don't see him having any value. The most value he has is clearing the $3.375 million for next year off our books. Someone in here earlier said they could see us having to retain some of his salary just to let him go.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
Tally may have been god awful this game, but it is only one game, and the guy is rusty as hell. He's played very few games since the blood clot. Yes he's been practicing, but that's not the same as playing games.

Maybe the clot ruined him, but I thought he played real well the few games he had in the Finals vs the Kings.

I think ideally we'd play him a little more, to see if it's just rust, or of he's done. To at least try and get his trade value up if nothing else. But, with the short season that's not an option. I expect Lou to deal him - but with his salary that will be tough. We'd almost have to compensate the other team for taking that salary.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tallinder BS aside, this game was a real stinker. No sustained extended pressure after the 1st. They didn't come out on fire in 3rd the way they did in the 2nd, and 3rd last night.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tallinder BS aside, this game was a real stinker. No sustained extended pressure after the 1st. They didn't come out on fire in 3rd the way they did in the 2nd, and 3rd last night.

Well it can be hard to get any kind of break out or sustained pressure when you give time to a defense pairing that consists of two grenade handlers!!! :laugh: Put Fayne back, spilt those two up and play Matteau for Barch because its Ottawa for gods sake, no need for a goon. Profit!!!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well it can be hard to get any kind of break out or sustained pressure when you give time to a defense pairing that consists of two grenade handlers!!! :laugh: Put Fayne back, spilt those two up and play Matteau for Barch because its Ottawa for gods sake, no need for a goon. Profit!!!
No more Conerik Tallinder PLZ!

Agreed and Ilike Barch. He isn't an incompetent hack like Janssen/Boulton/Peters/etc. Though he's an interchangeable part, and unneeded in every game. Especially teams like the Sens, Caps, Canes, Bolts, etc.

No more Tallinder from here on out. If he plays next game I think there's an ulterior motive. Like trying to get him some trade value, because there's no way Pete goes back to him. He was much worse than any of the games before he was benched in the first place, Fayne was pretty bad the last 2 games, but Tallinder made him look like he was playing like Lidstrom the last 2 games.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Everyone should stop overreacting. Tallinder is a speedy Dman, a lanky body, who relies heavily on his stickwork and quickness. That is exactly the kind of a player who, when rusty, looks awful on the ice. Give it time. Besides, we have to showcase what we have.

Sitting Fayne out was stupid though, Pete needs to smarten up. 14 goals against w/o him in the lineup. What better proof do his doubters need?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Everyone should stop overreacting. Tallinder is a speedy Dman, a lanky body, who relies heavily on his stickwork and quickness. That is exactly the kind of a player who, when rusty, looks awful on the ice. Give it time. Besides, we have to showcase what we have.

Sitting Fayne out was stupid though, Pete needs to smarten up. 14 goals against w/o him in the lineup. What better proof do his doubters need?

While Tallinder hasn't ever played this bad of a game for us, I have seen him play some clunkers, Even the penalties he was taking tonight. Just everything with him was off. I don't expect him to play this bad if he's in again, but I see nothing good about him in the lineup unless it's to showcase him.

I have no problem with him scratching Fayne for Tallinder this game, but he can't do it next game.

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
I'm not mad at Tally; had an off game, it happens.

I'm more mad at Sal taking an undisciplined penalty when there was absolutely no need for it.
As a captain, he needs better awareness, especially when the Isles PP has burned us before.

DevilsAnimal*

I think you guys are forgetting about how its not about how hard you **** up, but how hard you come back

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
They think cause they beat us, and the Rangers that they're a playoff team now. Just like they did last time they beat us 5-4 in OT. Before dropping 5 straight was it? And just like when they started 10/11 4-1-1 they thought they were gonna be a playoff team too. Before losing 14 straight(And then beating us) So now we get to hear more ''Isles will make the playoffs talk!'':shakehead

the funny thing about 2011 was, the devils were like 20,000 points behind the islanders at one point and still managed to finish ahead of them.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
D5kpvdg.jpeg

#littlebrother#fatso#94

Met that guy at a game once. Absolutely felt terrible for my sister and her friend. He would not let them go. Just kept talking and talking. Then at one point he said they should go to a game with him. At that point I said we have to go, stepped between him and them and shuffled them out of there. It was pretty creepy. When I was talking to him before the girls showed up I thought he was an ok guy. Just really liked to talk. Like one of those telemarketers who doesn't have to breath and will just talk until you hang up.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We played a all around poor game, Sal took a stupid penalty that a captain should never take, Tallinder, Volchenkov and Zidlicky were all brutal and Kovy played like he did when he first joined us.

Hedberg played like a god and if it wasn't for him, we could've lost by 5 or 6, easy.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Met that guy at a game once. Absolutely felt terrible for my sister and her friend. He would not let them go. Just kept talking and talking. Then at one point he said they should go to a game with him. At that point I said we have to go, stepped between him and them and shuffled them out of there. It was pretty creepy. When I was talking to him before the girls showed up I thought he was an ok guy. Just really liked to talk. Like one of those telemarketers who doesn't have to breath and will just talk until you hang up.

I mean this with an honest 100% sincerity...the best part of this game was getting to hear that story. :laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yep, as you say. Tallinder's not going to really get a chance to get good. So we are better off getting him outta here. Harrold is the perfect 7, so we need to use him.

I'm not so sure Lou will be as quick to run him out of town, but I have to agree with you. 'Tis time to part.

Is Urbom NHL ready? I think he is and we can deal Tallinder and keep Harrold as the 7th guy. And if need be call up urbom.

I think he's ready, but we're going to have growing pains with him because he is still somewhat raw and inconsistent.

Agreed. It's becoming pretty obvious that we need him in. The pairings go to **** when he's not in, because Sal and Volch end up paired together.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tallinder was pretty weak last night, but gotta cut the guy a break having not played in 2 weeks

Give him another opportunity, get Fayne back in and let one of the other guys who have been CONSISTENTLY struggling sit

Also, what happened with Sal's penalty, I missed the Isles first 2 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad