GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS @ New York Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
What I'm learning is that we don't have 8 quality NHL defensemen, we have guys who are paid like quality defensemen. Tallinder, Volchenkov, Salvador, and Zidlicky are not very good, lets be honest here. We have a logjam of one trick ponies who have MAJOR flaws. Except Tallinder, he's a no trick pony. Fayne, Greene, and Larsson are the only quality defensemen on this team in my eyes. Flame away, but that's how I see it. Tally, Volch, and Sal are supposed to be good but they aren't, plain and simple.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tallinder's sort of been ruined (at least for the time being) by the fact he's only played maybe ten games in more than an entire calendar year between the blood clot, the lockout and being benched. Another reason why I didn't want this D-depth thing to drag on.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I almost forgot about that half cap space/half salary provision. They could actually use that to facilitate getting rid of Volch, assuming someone would actually take him that he would waive his NTC for.

Status Quo*

Just got home from the game. Islanders fans were cool as ****. A ton of Devils fans there as usual. 4 Rags fans sat a row in front of me and were catching tons of **** all night. Tallinder ****ing sucked. Salvador's stupid penalty nearly made me rip my seat out of the ground. Nabakov played really well. The Devils just looked slow. Tallinder ****ing sucked.

kiwidevil

Yep, as you say. Tallinder's not going to really get a chance to get good. So we are better off getting him outta here. Harrold is the perfect 7, so we need to use him.

NJ11

Apr 18, 2006
Also was at the game tonight. Unreal # of Devils fans there - virtually some entire sections of the upper deck were all Red. At least we turned out for the game. Aside from Tallinder who was awful, I thought Henrique played the worst game I've seen him play, he was just floating out there.

We had many chances though in the first period that were right in front of us - if any of them went in, it's a different game. Just wasn't our night.

Taveras is awesome. Wow first time I have seen him live - dominant out there, his passing and ice vision are superb.

apice3*

We lost a road divisional game with a backup goalie. People gotta calm down.

Tonight was my first time at the Coliseum. That place really is a dump. We're completely spoiled by the Rock. Ran into Chico on the concourse though which was a brief and humorous conversation.

It was pretty weird for half the game. No atmosphere whatsoever until Tavares scored. Then every Islander fan in the building had an opinion.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
What I'm learning is that we don't have 8 quality NHL defensemen, we have guys who are paid like quality defensemen. Tallinder, Volchenkov, Salvador, and Zidlicky are not very good, lets be honest here. We have a logjam of one trick ponies who have MAJOR flaws. Except Tallinder, he's a no trick pony. Fayne, Greene, and Larsson are the only quality defensemen on this team in my eyes. Flame away, but that's how I see it. Tally, Volch, and Sal are supposed to be good but they aren't, plain and simple.
I agree with most of this. Larsson, Greene, and Fayne are only quality D-men we have. Volch isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be on these forums. He plays well along the boards with is body, but in front of the net he is responsible for a lot of scoring chances, and he's pretty much useless offensively. Salvador has disappointed me greatly so far. For the team's captain he's really been a liability defensively. Zids is a terrible defender, although I thought he actually played okay against Philly. But he needs to execute on the PP to be worth a damn. He's pretty good moving the puck around, but I feel that sometimes he takes way too many shots.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also was at the game tonight. Unreal # of Devils fans there - virtually some entire sections of the upper deck were all Red. At least we turned out for the game. Aside from Tallinder who was awful, I thought Henrique played the worst game I've seen him play, he was just floating out there.

We had many chances though in the first period that were right in front of us - if any of them went in, it's a different game. Just wasn't our night.

Taveras is awesome. Wow first time I have seen him live - dominant out there, his passing and ice vision are superb.

Nabakov was good as well as lucky. I couldn't believe we didn't score on a few of them. Patty had him beat 5 hole but it sort of got stuck going through. Puck was bouncing around all night too. Big reason for the back and forth play as pucks were bouncing over sticks left and right.

Moose was good but he was giving up a lot of rebounds tonight too. The first goal came off a rebound I think though someone should of had Tavaras. He made some good saves though. Definitely wasn't his fault.

I stand by the fact that this mostly comes down to sitting Fayne. He plays you don't have Tally out there being terrible and you don't have the break out killing pair of Volch and Sal. We started playing our best hockey when Fayne returned from his injury and Larsson started playing. It allows for the most effective pairings and makes up for Sal and Volchs shortcomings (their inability to move the puck).

That is such a bad pairing. I knew every shift we would not score even with pressure because we would get nothing from both points. They need one puck handler with them to be effective.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
We lost a road divisional game with a backup goalie. People gotta calm down.

Tonight was my first time at the Coliseum. That place really is a dump. We're completely spoiled by the Rock. Ran into Chico on the concourse though which was a brief and humorous conversation.

It was pretty weird for half the game. No atmosphere whatsoever until Tavares scored. Then every Islander fan in the building had an opinion.

You gotta admit they have a sick beer selection and it has old-school charm lol.. I work in marketing :-/

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Is Urbom NHL ready? I think he is and we can deal Tallinder and keep Harrold as the 7th guy. And if need be call up urbom.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
What is this I'm hearing about Isles fans being really ****** to Devils fans? A few FB friends have gone to several games at Nassau last season and were absolutely NOT impressed with how Isles fans conducted themselves tonight. Normally we're civil to each other and tonight was quite the exception according to my friends. What happened?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think a lot, but the PK is the point of the problem here... They have to devise some sort of plan or play to fix it. I mean, Fayne out who is pretty dang steady hurts too. I hope he is in Monday. But Zubrus out hurts the roster. I always thought he was a big part to play. Everything will come together. We just got to see what happens. Today was a stinker, I don't wanna see NJ be down and deflated now because of just one game. Devils can pull through and be great next few games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know where to start, but I'll hit the basics.

Tallinder- GTFO!:rant: If Fayne isn't back in on Monday, and this POS bum, overpaid, waste of a roster spot ia still in, I might rip my eyeballs out. There's games where you're rusty, and then games like this. This was not rust, the guy is awful. I wanna dig up the ''Why Henrik Tallinder is better than you think'' thread cause I need a good laugh. Guy has played many crappy games for us, but this was the worst. He was Volchenkov in the Florida series bad tonight. He rivaled that actually. Put Harrold in there, put Fayne, put Corbin McPherson in there. CORSI stats my ass, I know what my eyes see. This guy is horrible!

The Rangers fans call Lundqvist King Henrik. We have CONE Henrik on our team. I can't believe he'd be worth much more than a 4th round pick after this. Do we have to pay this guy $3.375 million another year?

Next thing, It's time to call a spade a spade. PK has become a JOKE. We've went from 8th in the league to 19th in less than a week. It can be better than this. It doesn't help when Cone Henrik is on it either. You can say the PK isn't that bad, but I don't feel confident anytime we go on it now. We were 0 for 1 last night, 2 for 5 tonight. One of those we killed was very abbreviated before one of their guys washed it out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What is this I'm hearing about Isles fans being really ****** to Devils fans? A few FB friends have gone to several games at Nassau last season and were absolutely NOT impressed with how Isles fans conducted themselves tonight. Normally we're civil to each other and tonight was quite the exception according to my friends. What happened?

They think cause they beat us, and the Rangers that they're a playoff team now. Just like they did last time they beat us 5-4 in OT. Before dropping 5 straight was it? And just like when they started 10/11 4-1-1 they thought they were gonna be a playoff team too. Before losing 14 straight(And then beating us) So now we get to hear more ''Isles will make the playoffs talk!'':shakehead

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
This was the type of game you just try to erase from your memory and completely forget about it. Just a piss poor effort against a garbage team. Sometimes you just **** your pants without a proper warning, tonight was one of those nights. Let's just move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad