OT: Your Most Favorite Concert

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm a huge Beatles fan so I would have to say the last concert McCartney played in Winnipeg.

Honorable mention to Pink Floyd in 1994 at the stadium...great show.

I saw April Wine in concert at the arena and we had 5th row seats. There were 6 of us and I believe 6 pieces of white blotter got us all tripping and it was such a great concert. It was around 1977 I think.

I also saw the Bee Gees in 1974 at the Centennial Concert Hall and it was really good as well.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Garth Brooks
Approximately 2-3 years ago
Not my favourite genre or artist but hands down the best concert I have ever been to.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
U2 1997, we had seats 3 rows from the stage, awesome show! A close second would be Burton Cummins 3 years ago on New Years at Club Regent, have never really been a fan of his until that night, fantastic show with lots of story telling in between songs.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man i've been to alot of great concerts , AC/DC , Green Day , Fleetwood Mac , Tom Petty , Barenaked Ladies , Garth Brooks the first time he came , ZZ Top several times , but seeing Bruce Springsteen in 16 in Minneapolis doing the River album front to back and some of his biggest hits and playing for 3 and a half hours with no breaks was the best concert experience i've ever had . I bought that concert for cd from his website and it's 4 cds . :eek: Everyone stood and danced and sang it was what a concert experience should be , just unreal . :nod: This is a example of that tour .

Last edited:

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Toss up... AC/DC (2001) pretty much because me and a buddy won luxury box seats from The old Pemby concert was awesome but even better with free beer and leather couches
Iron Maiden (2009) seen Maiden many times but wow did they put on a show that time

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The most lively concert I have been at is Great Big Sea. Row 25 and the whole floor area danced all concert.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Massive Attack outdoors at Malkin Bowl in Vancouver.

Yes when they played Winnipeg arena in 1979? (9th row floor).

Tragically Hip at Les Rendezvous.

Chicago band called Siegall Schwall at the Yale hotel in Vancouver.

REM in St.Paul.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Sonic Youth in Dallas
Nick Cave in Toronto
PJ Harvey at a club in Minny
Unrest in Toronto
Tsunami in Winnipeg with about 5 people in attendance, I also with them in Minneapolis but seeing them in WPG was different.
J&M Chain somewhere in the early nineties, can't remember where

I saw a ridiculous number of bands from the mid 80's to min 90's, hundreds, and then I moved to Morocco for a decade and saw nothing at all.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I've seen a few concerts in my day but the most memorable was my first, a triple bill with Ted Nugent, the Pat Travers Band and the Scorpions. The Scorpions only played 4 songs because their drummer Herman Rarebell had suffered a broken foot, Pat Travers threw his guitar at the end of the set when the lightning guy kill the light causing Travers to miss his guitar on the way down and of course Nugent swinging on stage in a loin cloth. One of the more bizarre was Slayer playing to about 50 people in the basement of Wellington's, that night was the start of my hearing loss.

DREGER21

Mar 26, 2018
Pink Floyd - 1994
Thought we were late getting tickets. Some opened up a few days before the show. Row AA7. Thought that would be near the back on the field. Turned out to be 7th row from the stage. Went with the wife and 3 friends. They were checked at the gate. I was not.... and I was the one carrying the weed. Great night!!

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Saw Guns and Roses open for Iron Maiden in 1988.

They had nothing more than a banner as their stage prop, Appetite was just hitting the charts so they were relatively unknown. Seeing them with no bells and whistles, was one of the most memorable shows I have seen.

They put on an amazing show and did a wicked cover of Razamataz by Nazarath, who happened to be in Winnipeg playing at the La Rendivous the previous night. GNR actually went to watch them play there as they were huge fans.

Other amazing concerts:
John Cougar had the old arena pumping
Metallica
Motley Crue x4 times seeing them
Iron Maiden x2 times
ACDC x3 times
Paul McCartney
Madonna (went for the wife, came away impressed)
U2
Stones
Bon Jovi
Skid Row opened for Jovi and put a pretty solid show on

Last edited:

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
My 2 favorites:
Rolling Stones 40 Licks 2002 in Anaheim
Supertramp 1979 at the Winnipeg Concert Hall

The first concert I went to was Nazareth in 1975 and I seem to recall (a lot of cilantro that night) that someone stole the bands bagpipes off the stage.
Some others I have seen; The Rolling Stones multiple times, April Wine, Alice Cooper, Steve Earl, David Bowie, The Fixx, Flock of Seagulls, Kiss, K D Lang, Cheap Trick, Styx.

Reactions: Jets 31

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I went to a lot of concerts in the late 80s through the 90s. The best is probably grateful dead east coast summer tour in ‘93 with Sting opening. He played a lot of Police tunes and jerry came out and jammed with him on Tea in the Sahara in Buffalo at the Bills stadium. The Auburn Hills shows were both fantastic. Late summer shows in Oregon in 93 were stellar.

aside from the dead though, in order of great live shows (all in the early/mid 90s)

Ministry
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pearl Jam

Pink Floyd
Allman Brothers Band (the Warren Haynes/Dickey Betts incarnation)

Primus
Paul Simon

Bob Dylan
Steve Miller Band
The Band

Little Feat

A bunch of others. Actually a really fun one was Cypress Hill opening for George Clinton and the P Funk all stars. That was some hilarious stuff at the amphitheatre at Canada’s Wonderland.

oh yeah, I’ve seen Ben Harper a couple of times and he is fantastic, highly recommended.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Best Bar scene Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts at the Pyramid. Amazing talent in such an intimate atmosphere!

Best at MTS The Who (last visit) and The Hip (Fully Competely anniversary tour) THE BEST ONES!

Notable/Honorable mentions Audio Slave MTS, Metallica MTS a couple shows ago, Misery at the Zoo, Van Halen last concert at the old arena, Hip again first show at new arena, Jar at the Zoo, Alice in Chains at MTS last time their, George Throughgood about 5-6 times, Brit Floyd at the Centennial concert hall, Roger Waters Brick on the Wall at MTS, AC/DC at IGF, various festivals especially Edge fest at Winnipeg Stadium, Snoop at the Convention Center, Tea Party a couple times at the Burt. Few more are up their as well!

Oh ya and Slayer about 5-6 times to.:yo:

great topic Duck!

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Top 3, in order...
1) Tragically Hip, New Years Eve, Copps in Hamilton
2) Genesis, at the Ex in Toronto
3) Monsters of Rock, in Buffalo NY

Last edited:

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Oh yeah, intimate bar experience madness

Ice T at a bar in Guelph Ontario. He did a 4 stop Ontario college town tour in small venues as a warmup for his US stadium tour. It was completely outrageous. A fantastic show. Probably in 92 or 93. It was definitely after Body Count but was a pure rap show.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
damn, I forgot about the Roger Waters shows. I actually liked the Dark Side of the Moon show better than The Wall. Saw the Wall in Minnie and in Winnipeg. Both times great.
That reminds me I saw guys like Eric Clapton and the Who after I got here

Reactions: Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad