Your Message to MSL

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the captain giving you a scolding or a look if you fail to execute. Kuch has to man up in that situation and take his lashing. Not that I think you should berate a player when he would already be doing it to himself but a leader isn't a leader by saying nothing.

Idk... I just personally have no issue if someone scolds me when I **** up because I often feel like I deserve it. It's always different for others.

There are different kinds of leaders. Some of the best ones never did that kind of thing, at least not when the cameras were on. Especially if they were meanwhile demanding a trade to exactly one other team.

It was just something that came to mind that we saw on the ice. I don't think it's all that surprising to learn their were issues (or an issue, singular) between MSL and some of our younger players. Nor is it surprising to learn there were issues in the NYR lockerroom. You can tolerate an attitude problem when the guy is scoring 90 points.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
There are different kinds of leaders. Some of the best ones never did that kind of thing, at least not when the cameras were on. Especially if they were meanwhile demanding a trade to exactly one other team.

It was just something that came to mind that we saw on the ice. I don't think it's all that surprising to learn their were issues (or an issue, singular) between MSL and some of our younger players. Nor is it surprising to learn there were issues in the NYR lockerroom. You can tolerate an attitude problem when the guy is scoring 90 points.

It depends on context. I'm a very passive person who says absolutely nothing and goes along to get along until I'm put in a position to be proactive and if I'm elected to be I'm very hands on. Depending on how Kucherov was doing I'd personally say something like "Get it out of your head. Get it out of your head man. Take it as a lesson as to why you gotta execute the first time. You don't get chances like that often. Right now think about your next shift and think about this after the game. Buck up and you'll hit the next one brother." Smack him on the back and skate off.

And I can't believe that there were alleged issues in the NYR lockerroom about MSL. I never would've imagined him to be a distraction nor that he would have an issue with the younger players. Your hear guys like Stamkos and Johnson glow about Marty and it strikes you like lightning. Pun intended.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
It depends on context. I'm a very passive person who says absolutely nothing and goes along to get along until I'm put in a position to be proactive and if I'm elected to be I'm very hands on. Depending on how Kucherov was doing I'd personally say something like "Get it out of your head. Get it out of your head man. Take it as a lesson as to why you gotta execute the first time. You don't get chances like that often. Right now think about your next shift and think about this after the game. Buck up and you'll hit the next one brother." Smack him on the back and skate off.

And I can't believe that there were alleged issues in the NYR lockerroom about MSL. I never would've imagined him to be a distraction nor that he would have an issue with the younger players. Your hear guys like Stamkos and Johnson glow about Marty and it strikes you like lightning. Pun intended.

Don't know what to believe with him anymore. But, reports are out about lockerroom issues with two teams now. That's indicative, if not quite definitive.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't know what to believe with him anymore. But, reports are out about lockerroom issues with two teams now. That's indicative, if not quite definitive.

Yeah, and we do know a little bit about MSL's personality, which makes these stories kind of fit. If MSL is unhappy with how his coach is using him, he's probably going to sulk. Or at least let it be known that he's not happy.

With the report about MSL having an issue with our younger players, I do give it a bit more credit because it comes from MacLean. I actually don't take much of what MacLean says seriously, but when he gives inside info, I usually think there's something to it. Especially about us. I'm not sure if MacLean is still connected to Yzerman personally (they were in Detroit together), but it seems like he's definitely close to someone who IS connected to Yzerman. It was MacLean who said the animosity was mutual between Yzerman and MSL, and also that someone who was close with Yzerman had never seen Yzerman so angry as the day the trade went down, including in his playing days. I don't know who his source is, but I also don't think he's making it up.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Bolt Prospects ‏@BoltProspects 20s21 seconds ago
MacLean says there was an issue between Marty and young players while Marty was in TB.

Kucherov?

Such bull****. This is the 3rd story now. First it was beef between Yzerman and 26, then it was his wife wanting to move back home, now it's conflict with the young players on the team? When are you going to stop, St. Louis. You sound so ****ing pathetic at this point. Just accept your irrelevance already.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Such bull****. This is the 3rd story now. First it was beef between Yzerman and 26, then it was his wife wanting to move back home, now it's conflict with the young players on the team? When are you going to stop, St. Louis. You sound so ****ing pathetic at this point. Just accept your irrelevance already.

To be fair, this didn't come from MSL. It's from a third party source.

Not really defending him, but don't need to give him grief about stuff that he didn't say.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

You know, Stamkos is younger than MSL and there's that picture of him kissing Mrs. Louis during Marty's ceremony... :sarcasm:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I always thought Marty might have had a hand in getting Boucher fired. Yeah, Guy lost the locker room but how much of that was because of Marty leading the charge against him? Not that it matters now since I'm glad we have Cooper but always thought maybe Marty tuned him out and Yzerman made the move to secure Cooper before he left.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I always thought Marty might have had a hand in getting Boucher fired. Yeah, Guy lost the locker room but how much of that was because of Marty leading the charge against him? Not that it matters now since I'm glad we have Cooper but always thought maybe Marty tuned him out and Yzerman made the move to secure Cooper before he left.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember someone reporting that Marty was actually a Boucher guy right to the bitter end and wasn't happy with the firing. (For some reason I think it was Ray Ferraro, weirdly.) The season before, Marty was vocally displeased about the Steve Downie trade. Maybe Marty never got fully on board with Coop and the changing of the guard? There were definitely times when he looked more than a little out of place in Coop's 5 man defensive unit. Given how tight the young guys are with Coop, that could easily have caused some kind of rift. It's all just conspiracy theory of course. The only thing we know for sure is there's bad blood between Yzerman and MSL, and that goes back awhile. But there's so much mystery around the way MSL left that it's hard not to try to sift through the rubbage from time to time, seeing what might make sense.

The simplest explanation, of course, is MSL is just a *****.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember someone reporting that Marty was actually a Boucher guy right to the bitter end and wasn't happy with the firing. (For some reason I think it was Ray Ferraro, weirdly.) The season before, Marty was vocally displeased about the Steve Downie trade. Maybe Marty never got fully on board with Coop and the changing of the guard? There were definitely times when he looked more than a little out of place in Coop's 5 man defensive unit. Given how tight the young guys are with Coop, that could easily have caused some kind of rift. It's all just conspiracy theory of course. The only thing we know for sure is there's bad blood between Yzerman and MSL, and that goes back awhile. But there's so much mystery around the way MSL left that it's hard not to try to sift through the rubbage from time to time, seeing what might make sense.

The simplest explanation, of course, is MSL is just a *****.
I think it's Marty making other excuses cooper and the kids liked him. It was the yzerman vs st.louis team canada thing! That was the only reason.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it's Marty making other excuses cooper and the kids liked him. It was the yzerman vs st.louis team canada thing! That was the only reason.

MSL isn't saying anything about it.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There's no way he liked Boucher in the end. The dude just quite visibly quit on the team before he was fired. Never seen him play so bad before then. Wouldn't skate at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad