YOUR limit with Darcy?

FanboySlayer*

IF Regier Isn't Fired What Do You Do As A Fan?

I would hope the fans including season ticket subscribers would revolt but my expectation is that after 15 years as hostages to this tyrant of ineptitude the Stockholm Effect is in full effect. The 'Grigs and Girgs' crowd support that.

A fan revolt is required. And not 35 goons who look like their last job was at Bethlehem Steel milling around the FNC plaza with spelling error riddled signs. We need at least a few thousand fans, young and old, out in protest to get the point across to the owner that enough is enough.

This General Manager went into a season with a corps of centers that expansion teams laugh at, and that's after 15 years on the job.
ONE legit NHL center, Hodgson, still early in his development who would be a 3rd line center on any contending team or 2nd line center on a middling team. TWO converted centers in Ennis and Leino. An 18 year old who had fallen into the middle of the first round. And Jochan Hecht picked out of hockey's dumpster. What other GM in the NHL keeps his job with that on his record other than an expansion team GM or a GM that's just inherited a trainwreck of a franchise?

Only in Hockey Heaven does Regier still have his job. It's heaven alright, for Darcy Regier and those who work for him. The rest of us remain in the inferno of Hockey Hell.

To dream the unpossible dream!

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Watch a competent if not explosive rebuild and cheer on a playoff contender next year.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Keep watching and hoping for the best. I can ***** and complain all I want. But, I can't imagine a scenario that stops me from being a Sabres fan.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Noting at all. Think he is one of the better GMs in the league.

Unlike a lot of fans, I don't feel personally qualified to judge Darcy's position amongst his peers. I respect his job takes a level of qualification and expertise most of us simply lack. He's respected around the league. So, I that's all I can go off of.

FanboySlayer*

Unlike a lot of fans, I don't feel personally qualified to judge Darcy's position amongst his peers. I respect his job takes a level of qualification and expertise most of us simply lack. He's respected around the league. So, I that's all I can go off of.

um lol. when you go to a restaurant and it's a complete dud, the waitress gets the order wrong, they're out of items that are on the menu, the food is undercooked/overcooked, everything that makes a good restaurant good is lacking at this one - you don't feel qualified to call whoever is responsible for the mess, the owner and/or manager, incompetent?

Running an NHL franchise isn't any different than any other results business, your competence is judged by your results. You're happy with the results in the past 5 years?

Regier isn't responsible for anything but the product on the ice and it has been substandard for years.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The restaurant comparison is a dud. In the NHL you have 30 restaurants all competing against each other to get top billing. While there is every chance for a random chef to come into a different restaurant and cook meals the patrons enjoy, there is zero chance for a random hockey player to walk into an NHL rink and look like anything but a clown.

Buffalo has been comptetive for a long time and Regier is respected around the league for being one reason for that. Obviously as Sabres fans we all want more, but the reality is that so do 29 other fan bases, and we all can't have what we want no matter how hard we try.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I haven't hated Darcy the last few years, honestly. No one saw the Hodgson trade coming, and that seems to have panned out for us as Cody's playing great offensively. Was also quite impressed when he swooped in and acquired Ehrhoff's rights, and he's been a solid acquisition. Regehr's been okay, and my only gripe was the 2nd round pick lost in that trade.

Like everyone I hated July 1st, 2007. But it will be really interesting to see where Darcy decides to go from here. He overvalues his players too much (evidenced by the fact that he didn't want to include Ennis in a deal for Bobby Ryan), but will pull a rabbit out of his hat every once in a while. I'll have to see how I feel after this Summer to truly know my limit with Darcy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad