YOUR limit with Darcy?

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
There are people who want Darcy gone. There are those who give him every benefit of the doubt. And then there's everybody along the entire spectrum in between.

The lack of depth at center and inability to win face-offs so far this year are inexcusable. Most trades Darcy makes address one aspect of the team at the expense of another. He has proven for years to lack the deft hand to make a significant impact on the roster.

What is your limit with Darcy? He is the longest serving GM in Sabres history. What will it take for Darcy Regier to be released as general manager of the Sabres? How much more time should he be given to succeed, however you define success? Even the most ardent Darcy supporters MUST have a limit....or do they?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
There are people who want Darcy gone. There are those who give him every benefit of the doubt. And then there's everybody along the entire spectrum in between.

The lack of depth at center and inability to win face-offs so far this year are inexcusable. Most trades Darcy makes address one aspect of the team at the expense of another. He has proven for years to lack the deft hand to make a significant impact on the roster.

What is your limit with Darcy? He is the longest serving GM in Sabres history. What will it take for Darcy Regier to be released as general manager of the Sabres? How much more time should he be given to succeed, however you define success? Even the most ardent Darcy supporters MUST have a limit....or do they?
Finding a competent GM is much harder than a competent coach. If Regier can find a way to not deconstruct our team while getting some pieces, He'll be better.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
In the pegula era he has done quite well. Other than the leino signing there isnt much to be mad about. Kassian for hodgy was a good trade imo. Even if Kassian ends up a stud how much will it really hurt us? We'll see kass 2 times a year for the rest of his career unless we meet up with vancouver in the finals or van trades him out east. I'd like to see what he does in the off season with the compliance buyouts and what not. Give him another season and if we miss the playoffs next year and our team doesnt look like we have a briht future than fire him. But if he flips vanek for some youth, has another good draft and this team looks like it has a bright future than keep him.

Mikeyc1983

Jan 6, 2013
The ******* doesn't know how to create a Cup Winning Team. Tired of the ********. Make a Trade *******. Your team is ****ing Losing.....AGAIN

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I just signed an extension, me and Lindy are not going anywhere

Did you play dress up as a kid? :laugh:

Darcy has made some real idiotic moves thru the years. Maybe it was because of ownership. Maybe it was a blunder all on him.

Darcy has made some real awesome moves thru the years. Maybe it was because of ownership. Maybe it was his savviness as a GM.

Overall, I don't think he sucks. But he certainly isn't among the top 5 either. His biggest weakness is his undying dedication to Ruff. The "Darcy is married to certain players" claim used to carry some weight pre-Pegula. But with Roy, Gaustad, and others gone, that claim isn't so credible anymore. :dunno:

Last edited:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
The ******* doesn't know how to create a Cup Winning Team. Tired of the ********. Make a Trade *******. Your team is ****ing Losing.....AGAIN

Yes, because winning teams make knee jerk 5-game reactions. That's a great way to get trade leverage, let the league see your desperation.

:shakehead

Mikeyc1983

Jan 6, 2013
Yes, because winning teams make knee jerk 5-game reactions. That's a great way to get trade leverage, let the league see your desperation.

:shakehead

Would you rather they keep losing and get a higher draft pick?
I guess I'd be in favor of that too.:huh:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I'd like to see a different coach take a run at this roster. On paper, it should be a contender in a year or two talent-wise.

Mikeyc1983

Jan 6, 2013
I don't root for my team to lose.

I'm not rooting for em to lose either. But you're not gonna win with this current roster. It's that simple. I see no other option than to trade for a veteran/face off winning Center. If they don't, they're going to lose. Just tired of losing...Constantly.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I can't stand D'arse and I wanted him fired years ago....I can't believe all these panic threads and posts already....The season is 5 games old...Give him, and the youngsters on our team a break......It's obvious he's not going anywhere soon b/c Pegula just signed him to an extension.....

Chill out, and give it more than 5 games to let these kids develop, and this team to gel.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Darcy's adapting. Picking Grigorenko, trading a top prospect for Hodgson...he's trying different things. I'm fine with him as well.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I'm not rooting for em to lose either. But you're not gonna win with this current roster. It's that simple. I see no other option than to trade for a veteran/face off winning Center. If they don't, they're going to lose. Just tired of losing...Constantly.

Now we go to our newest hockey analyst Ollie Williams. Ollie what do you think of the Sabres?

They gonna lose!

Thanks Ollie.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
He has been doing a good job for years. Sabres were competitive with owners that refused to spend big money and Darcy cobbled together a decent team with a solid core. Now that he has Pegula, he's brought in alot of talent. Ehrhoff, Leino, Ott, Sulzer, Regehr, Leopold, Hodgson were free agents or trades and we are deep with prospects.

I'm sure he would have grabbed a centre if not for the lockout and I expect he still will.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If RoR gets traded to an eastern conference team (likely if he is traded) and it's not to Buffalo I will flip my ****. Other than that I'd like to see this team with a different coach first.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I'd like to see a different coach take a run at this roster. On paper, it should be a contender in a year or two talent-wise.

A contender for what, 7th or 8th place?

In regards to Darcy, I suspect the extension was given before the season started for the scenario that this team again disappoints this season. It will be easier to retain him, as opposed to signing him to an extenstion coming off another crap season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought he should've been removed several times since his tenure began. I'm not impressed with him overall and his marriage to his coach is another piece of ballast as far as I'm concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad