Your injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
My entire career, outside of nagging little injuries, I have only been cut three times that required stitches. Once over each eye and once on the nose (which also was broken as a result). Other than that no major injuries, breaks, tears, etc.

I'll go knock on some wood now.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

my team is playing its last three games of the regular season and will make the playoffs for the first time in four years(!)
[knock wood] i'm in the best shape of my life; other than some nagging pain in my neck and upper back, i feel pretty good for this point of the season...i still wrap up both knees pretty good (ruptured the MCL in my left knee a couple years back) but i feel strong as ever (it's all the extra movement from reffing and from playing basketball, too, i get at least 4-5 days a week of rigorous cardio).
a big part of staying injury-free is about proper conditioning... watch, i'll end up getting my ass in a sling this weekend :shakehead

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
i got my first injury 2 weeks ago, a mild concussion. i pivoted backwards at the blueline to hit a hit along the boards, leaned my body forward and nailed him, but my skates kept going backward and i slid backwards. so i fell into the ice, cage first, with all my body weight on my head. everything went black for a second, then i heard a ringing, and everything got brighter. i played one more shift after that but then the blurred vision was affecting me so i sat out the rest of the game then got it checked out after. was only out a week, missed one practice.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
2 Broken Ribs...

Chronically dislocated shoulder...its in permanent pain, and the original injury happened over 6 years ago....

Bummed knee...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
1996 I damaged the cartilage in my left knee playing some basketball, didn't effect my hockey game at all.

1999 blew out my ACL in a league playoff game when an opponent cought my skate with his stick.

2001 blew out my MCL in a skiing accident (boot wasn't attached to the ski correctly).

basically, I'd need complete reconstructive surgery done on my left knee if I were to take the ice again.

HockyStr99

Jun 17, 2004
Broken fingers
" collarbone (twice)
" Leg (College)
Torn pancreas (speared missed 2 months of school and everything)
Torn Quad
Torn AC Ligament (Shoulder) (College)
Torn ligament in thumb

Season ending injuries freshman and sophomore year in college so im not playing ice this year

thats all i can think of

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
HockyStr99 said:
Broken fingers
" collarbone (twice)
" Leg (College)
Torn pancreas (speared missed 2 months of school and everything)
Torn Quad
Torn AC Ligament (Shoulder) (College)
Torn ligament in thumb

Season ending injuries freshman and sophomore year in college so im not playing ice this year

thats all i can think of

Man youre not lucky at all.

Brad Coccimiglio

Feb 28, 2002
Sault Ste. Marie
Visit site
Probably the most serious injury I had happened in my first year playing Midget hockey. I skated into the corner to pick up a dump-in and thought I had nobody on me (forgot to take a look behind me when I went in). Just as I got rid of the puck I got blindsided (was almost from behind, but not quite). The hit left me without feeling from the neck down for about 30 or 40 seconds. Was pretty scary but I managed to stay pretty calm through the whole thing.

I also sprained ligaments in my right knee and ruptured a tendon in my foot, but those injuries were from playing baseball.

bruins4777*

I've never had a serious injury thats prevented me from playing outside of a jammed wrist, creaky knees, and some back issues. I'll play though anything, but i've never felt truely truely truely breaking intense pain. I've dislocated my knee once, but it didn't prevent me from putting it back and playing.

Back when i use to play once or twice every weak my knees are always permanently bruised and purple, and i somewhat feel effects still. Sometimes when i'm walking my knees randomly buckle and fall out, this happens at least once or twice a day.

KOVALEV10*

bruins4777 said:
I've never had a serious injury thats prevented me from playing outside of a jammed wrist, creaky knees, and some back issues. I'll play though anything, but i've never felt truely truely truely breaking intense pain. I've dislocated my knee once, but it didn't prevent me from putting it back and playing.

Back when i use to play once or twice every weak my knees are always permanently bruised and purple, and i somewhat feel effects still. Sometimes when i'm walking my knees randomly buckle and fall out, this happens at least once or twice a day.

Wow what you mean by your knees fall out? :dunno:

AG9NK35DT8*

Pulled a groin in my upper thigh, hurt like hell. But didnt have a game for 3 or 4 days . I was still in pain and what I did was took a Vicatin the day b4 and then 2 aspirins b4 the game was still sore but didnt bother actually after that game like 2 days later i was completly better.

bruins4777*

KOVALEV10 said:
Wow what you mean by your knees fall out? :dunno:

They like...er this is hard to explain. I'll just be walking and they'll fall out from under me. Like somebody kicked my kness out from under me. Its weird. I don't even play butterfly, i play standup/hybrid more so towards standup. I guess i play a lot like cujo/vokoun/brodeur so its weird. I'm never down on both knees at the same time either so that makes it more bizarre, meh.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
Chipped tooth and I sliced open two fingers in a random lockerroom accident with a skate! That's all, fortunately (other than a couple of weird charlie-horses).

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Colles' fracture of my right wrist. Required a plate and two screws. That was two years ago. Fortunately *knock on wood* it's my only hockey injury. But it still bothers me.

Funny thing is, I play hockey with the surgeon who repaired it.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Had huge bone calasses on both ankles from overtraining. In surgery they had to chisel off significant bone growth without wrecking my natural anatomy. I was in a wheelchair for almost a month. Couldn't properly plantar-flex or dorsi-flex either foot for 2 months and it was a rough ordeal. Never made it back to the game full time and missed out on some big opportunities. Worked out in the end as I went to school and now I know what "plantar-flex" and "dosi-flex" mean!

Moral of story: Don't overtrain. Listen to doctor, listen to body. When you start to bleed, take a day off.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Three concussions (two from hockey, one from baseball)
Broken ribs
Cracked wrist
AND
Seperated shoulders. It happens quite often. Usually once every 2 or 3 games. Just pop 'em back and cream the girl that did it....

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
took a shot off my side right tonight, right on my bottom rib, took off a neat piece of skin and is oozing. didnt hurt too bad till i cleaned it, i almost cried like little girl. like a bad road rash/skin burn. i swear crap like that hurts more than real injuries sometimes.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Sports & other injuries over the years...

several broken fingers (some fingers more than once)
broken arm
broken foot
torn knee ligaments (the worst injury)
disc problems lower back
sprained ankle (took a year to heal fully)
nerve damage (shoulder, another very slow to heal injury)

the scariest cut I've had was taking off my skates after a skate on the Rideau Canal. I tend to wear two pair of socks and that can make the skates hard to pull off. Slashed my wrist pulling one off, ever so slightly but it knicked the vein. Fortunately not seriously, but scary none the less.

Beyond that I've been the picture of health. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad