Your injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV10*

Feel free to discuss some of your major injuries that you have had during your career and life as a whole.

Myself, I have torn my quad twice, one in a game and one outside on the ice as a kid. Have suffered several arm injuries as well as ankle injuries, but those two didnt slow me down one bit on playing the best sport on earth.. hockey!

What were you'rs and how did they happen?

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Nothing that bad. I split my lip and lost a tooth after taking a stick to the face once, but that's about it other than the usual minor stuff (small cuts, bruises, etc...).

Edit: That's why I think it's a good idea to ALWAYS wear a full cage now. Other people can try to look cool like the pros all they want. I'll keep the rest of my teeth in my head, thanks.

KOVALEV10*

Vicious Vic said:
Nothing that bad. I split my lip and lost a tooth after taking a stick to the face once, but that's about it other than the usual minor stuff (small cuts, bruises, etc...).

Edit: That's why I think it's a good idea to ALWAYS wear a full cage now. Other people can try to look cool like the pros all they want. I'll keep the rest of my teeth in my head, thanks.

LOLL :lol Seriously you're damn right though :handclap:

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
I had to quit because of the knee injury. Almost all ligaments were broken or torn. It happened when there was traffic in front of the net (I was playing goalie) and two players fell straight on to my leg and my knee got twisted badly. It happened six years ago and I've had three operations now, still it isn't good as new.

Once I had puck straight to my head when my mask fell off. I had a concussion and fifteen stitches.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It really scares me whenever I go on eBay, and there's a nice set of goalie gear up for auction.........and the seller attaches a story about how he blew out his knee and thus cannot play anymore. It's like looking into a time machine.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Torn cartilege in a knee (before "the scope", out for a season)
Broken nose (3 times from hockey, once in a car accident)
separated shoulder (hurt for a year afterward)
broken ribs (couldn't play for 6 weeks)
lots of stitches in the face (even with a half-shield)

-plus some other injuries that were NOT from hockey, but bother me when I play.

I'm a mess.

Mar 4, 2003
Ottawa
I got hit once that nearly took away my eyesight in my left eye. I can't really explain it other than the hit cause some 'pebbles' to block the blood flow in my retina...so therefore I have lost all periphal vision in my eye. It destroyed my hockey career in the making..;) seriously though it sucks.

Other than that I have had a couple serious concussions and some back problems after i got hit from behind.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
jtuzzi21 said:
Torn MCL back in June, still bugs the hell out of me... :madfire:

I tore my MCL (I think the MCL is the inside one) about 5 years. It wasnt *really* torn, just strained I think. I had a hard time walking for about a week, but I was back on the ice (in rough shape, mind you) in about 6 weeks.

Two years ago I re-strained it, it bothered me for the whole winter.

Here's hoping that it stays away this time.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
dislocated my knee at floor hockey, as well as sprained a ligament between my thigh and knee (not sure what it was called)

badly pulled some muscles on my left arm shooting off balance

sprained my foot

pulled some tendons in my foot playing road hockey while i was playing goal. (stood on one foot and finished the game in a tough 10-9 loss.. we were down 9-0 before i got hurt and i swear to god ive never plaeyd better then after i got hurt but it was straight to the hospital for xrays after)

RangerBlue381

Nov 27, 2003
Bridgewater, NJ
Visit site
It's funny, of all the injuries I've had, none came from hockey. However the ones that kept me out of hockey for a bit were:
Torn Labrum in my left shoulder, had to be reconstructed
4 concussions
Torn Quad
Strained/Pulled hamstring, groin, calf
Multiple sprained ankles.

RJ8812*

well, 2 years ago i suffered my 1st concussion (missed 2 weeks, AA midget hockey ), last season i suffered 2 more concussions (missed 2 weeks and 3 weeks, AA midget hockey) and this year, at the end of november i suffered my 4th, and so far final concussion (out 2-3months, High School hockey), and this one was pretty serious, the doctor said i cant play contact hockey 'til feb, but i've been playing old timers for about 2 weeks now, shhhhhh, dont tell my doctor :)

plus a few random pulled muscles (mostly groin) over the years

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Broken collarbone, finger, chipped tailbone (I broke my a$$).

My knee-caps(Patella) have no groove so they dislocate pretty easily, probably about 5 or 6 times during games throughout the years.
Torn a few tendons in my shoulder, pulled quads and groin muscles.

Mild concussion.

Worst: Broken Femur (Thigh bone). FIRST DAY OF SUMMER VACATION after 8th grade. In traction in the hospital for 6 weeks (i.e. entire summer vacation) body cast for 6 more weeks. About a yr for a full recovery.

Wrapped my knee around a post and strained it, a compound fracture of my left (catching) wrist after I fell on it funny, a somewhat tweaky back and my right ankle is a little weaker than my left when I seriously rolled over on it about 3 years ago.

Nothing really super serious compared to some of the more jinxed people on here (knock on wood) but a lot of the mistakes of my youth are making themselves known to me as I get older and are especially noticeable on mornings after I play.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
hyperextended both wrists and elbows - i think i have tennis elbow in both now. numerous knee sprains including a bout with traumatic bursitus in my right knee, which has been drained a couple of times. sprained one ankle 3/4 times, minor fracture to the other. back soreness for about ten years now, a bad groin pull a couple of years ago. broke my nose 2/3 times. three cuts on my face that required stiches, plus chipped teeth. black eyes and plenty of nasty bruises and marks on arms and stomach. i lost my voice from a stick in the throat, and its never come back fully, i lose my voice really quickly if i talk loud (never could sing anyway). oh, and one bad concussion, followed by a couple of minor ones. all playing hockey. im 33 though - and ive been playing since i was five, so i think ive been pretty lucky. im playing tonight and tomorrow - hopefully i stay lucky a few more games. ;)

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I forgot to mention my collar bone got pretty bruised last year because of a slap shot that went to high but nothing got broken and I played trough it but it still hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad