Your Ideal Late First Round Picks

Bps21*

I want us to pass on another Russian that half the league also passes on from his projected spot.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ideally we don't pick 22-30 with them. Hopefully McDavid is secured by us, then we use those picks to either trade up a tier (13-19 is where I'm starting to see the fourth tier. 1-2,3-5,6-12,13-19ish). That, or we use them to trade for established NHL talent.

Assuming we're stuck with those picks in the 22-30 range, Jeremy Roy is a candidate due to having a skill-set we lack in (swift Offensive Defensemen). Brock Boeser also isn't a bad choice (noted shooter).

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Salituro from what I read on the prospects board sounds like a guy who won't even go top 2 rounds if I'm not mistaken (although I am not sure of the reason).

Some people have questioned if he would be even drafted, but I'm genmerally sure he should be 3rd/4th round material.

Working against him obviously is size at 5'8. He is also not a speedster, although certainly not slow. 5'8, slightly above average NHL speed is not a recipe for success. He is also a 96 born, which does sour him in the eyes of some scouts, but something I generally consider a plus.

What is though is he has a fantastic release, is a hard worker and has a nose for the net.

Most people (me included) do not see how he can translate his game to the NHL level, he cannot blow by guys, and would be close to the smallest person in the league. Some guys that size make it, but they are generally elite level in speed.

I'd still take him, 4th round I think, because there is talent and a drive that cannot be taught. He has the chance to be the small guy who makes it.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Some people have questioned if he would be even drafted, but I'm genmerally sure he should be 3rd/4th round material.

Working against him obviously is size at 5'8. He is also not a speedster, although certainly not slow. 5'8, slightly above average NHL speed is not a recipe for success. He is also a 96 born, which does sour him in the eyes of some scouts, but something I generally consider a plus.

What is though is he has a fantastic release, is a hard worker and has a nose for the net.

Most people (me included) do not see how he can translate his game to the NHL level, he cannot blow by guys, and would be close to the smallest person in the league. Some guys that size make it, but they are generally elite level in speed.

I'd still take him, 4th round I think, because there is talent and a drive that cannot be taught. He has the chance to be the small guy who makes it.

Thanks for the update. I saw him in the first round of mock draft, believed it to be legit and read some more about the guy and, well... I was always a Gerbe-fan so that probably made me biased in wanting him to be that good. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00