Your Ideal Late First Round Picks

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
My knowledge of this year's draft eligible players is not great. From what you've seen and read, what players do you think we should go after with the STL and NYI picks?

If we keep the picks, Konecny, White, Zboril, Bracco. Maybe Greenway.

Any of those two I's be happy with.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
FWIW, I'm hoping we use one of the picks in conjunction with a package to acquire an NHL player, ie Kane, O'reilly.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I hope we trade up into the teens with the two extra firsts but definitely would take a risk with Yevgeni Svechnikov if he is around late in the first.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Holding my breath that the isles pick rises enough for one of sprong or konecny.

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
FWIW, I'm hoping we use one of the picks in conjunction with a package to acquire an NHL player, ie Kane, O'reilly.

I agree that could definitely speed up the rebuild, but I'm not sure I'd want either of those 2 specific players.

As for picks, I've liked what I've read about
Beauvillier
Fronk
Meier
Lazarev
Timashov

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Svechnikov
Harkins
Meier (unlikely he falls far enough)
Bracco
Zboril
Korostelev (though it seems likely he'll be available in the 2nd)
Konecny (don't think he'll fall enough)

Earlier in the season, I was hoping for Provorov or Rantanen to fall, but they've shot up as the season has gone on. No chance they drop very far now.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Konecny would be ideal, but I don't think he'll still be on the board. I would like to take a shot at Dante Salituro. I think he might be a high risk, high reward player, and we've got a lot of picks and prospects and can afford to take a long shot. Salituro is small and everything I read about him says that he is a Gerbe-type of player, but possibly with more skill. Also interested in Dergashev.

With our early second round pick I'd go for a goalie. MacKenzie Blackwood. Mostly because he has an awesome name, but also because I've still got some doubt about our goalie prospects (Ullmark isn't impressing, Johansson isn't even playing) and I'd like to have a big talented goalie.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Konecny would be ideal, but I don't think he'll still be on the board. I would like to take a shot at Dante Salituro. I think he might be a high risk, high reward player, and we've got a lot of picks and prospects and can afford to take a long shot. Salituro is small and everything I read about him says that he is a Gerbe-type of player, but possibly with more skill. Also interested in Dergashev.

With our early second round pick I'd go for a goalie. MacKenzie Blackwood. Mostly because he has an awesome name, but also because I've still got some doubt about our goalie prospects (Ullmark isn't impressing, Johansson isn't even playing) and I'd like to have a big talented goalie.

Salituro from what I read on the prospects board sounds like a guy who won't even go top 2 rounds if I'm not mistaken (although I am not sure of the reason).

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Ideally, one of the picks is early 20's and one of Konecny, Svechnikov or Sprong is available.

If we get one of them along with McEichel I would like to take a defenseman with our second 1st (or early second)....someone like Zboril, Chabot or Meloche.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
I'm really hoping the Isles draw the Rangers first round & Halak does what Halak does... we end up picking say 21st via NYI and 26th via STL? Just for sh*ts and giggles I am gonna say we somehow end up with ANA's 30th O/A pick as well (via Myers perhaps)

21st O/A - A) RW Daniel Sprong (Charlottetown, QMJHL), B) RW Brock Boeser (Waterloo, USHL)

26th O/A - A) D Brandon Carlo (Tri-City Americans, WHL), B) LW Jordan Greenway (USA U18, USHL)

30th O/A - A) LW Paul Bittner (Portland, WHL), B) D Jesper Lindgren (Modo, SEL)

and what the hell....

31st O/A - A) LW Jake DeBrusk (Swift Current, WHL)

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Can't say that I really have a preference for anyone right now... I like what I've seen of Paul Bittner, Brandon Carlo, Jeremy Roy, Jansen Harkins, Daniel Sprong, Rasmus Andersson, Jake DeBrusk. Obviously pretty early, and maybe some of those guys could make their way to the teens. Would love a guy like Konecny or Provorov but when draft day rolls around they're gonna require packaging both firsts and then some. Moreso Provorov, but I think Konecny is going ~top 15.

Last edited:

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Salituro from what I read on the prospects board sounds like a guy who won't even go top 2 rounds if I'm not mistaken (although I am not sure of the reason).

May be a size thing, I guess. Draftsite.com had him as a late first but that may not have been updated for a while (they still have us picking at #4). But ok, I'll take him late 2nd then. ;)

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011

Exactly.....great for jersey sales also

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Meier
Roy
Sprong
Merkley
Carlo
Chabot
Bittner
Harkins
Beauvillier

There are a lot to choose from. There's sort of a top-15ish that seem like they are guaranteed to be gone by ~#24, but after that the order is anyone's guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00