Value of: Your (good) starting goalie to the Flames

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wait for Varly then overpay. We should've nabbed Bishop.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Calgary was rumoured to be in on Andersen before the Leafs. Wonder why that trade fell through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Calgary needs to find a way to trade a defender for goal help. Valimakki and Andersson both look like legit defenders. They have too many defenders now.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
What's up with Varlamov in Colorado ?
So far he has been amazing that if Avs could sign him on a friendly deal that would be awesome. Losing him would hurt and having Grubauer as #1 is making me nervous. I'm more confident with Varly in net and if it wasn't for his injury issues pretty sure he would've already gotten a long term contract.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I was shocked that Smith has worse numbers than Elliott.
Sample size. Yes we all know Smith got destroyed by Pittsburgh the other night.

Elliott also seems to get worse during the playoffs. He's a big step back from Smith.

Reactions: zaqq

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Mike Smith isn't good enough (surprise). The Flames need some help in net, and fast. This is a team that's being held back by its starter.

Who ya got?

The goalie carousel just keeps going and going...

2l506d.gif

Bobrovsky seems to be the only one available.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Brossoit looks really good and poised to be a starter. What would you guys give up for Brossoit.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Brossoit looks really good and poised to be a starter. What would you guys give up for Brossoit.
The Flames drafted Brossoit. His career has been characterized by inconsistency. 3 good games is not enough for the Flames to put faith in him. The Flames need an established starter.

Brossoit was also signed as a FA and is on a one year contract. No team is giving up major assets for him yet.

Reactions: TFHockey

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Want an established #1? Bobrovsky would be your best best, but as others have said its going to cost a pretty penny to trade and sign him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Nothing cause if Brossoit looked good then you can say Rittich looked good also

They need a real goalie not another gamble.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Just curious, what would Calgary give for Varly or Grubuaer at the TDL?

If Francouz plays well I imagine he might make one of them available considering theres quite a few bubble teams that have horrendous goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad