Your forwards lineup when/if all are healthy

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think that Chucky and Patches showed excellent chemistry when they played together. Both have a similar style and compliment each other. Drouin and Lehkonen also showed some chemistry. Working with duos of players who work well together, I’d go with the following line up.

Patches Chucky Gally
Byron Drouin Lehkonen
Hudon Danault Shaw
DLR Plex Deslauriers
Carr

Schlemko Weber
Alzner Petry
Jerebek Benn
Morrow

That would be my lineup with a healthy roster. Plex adds ZERO offence so I’d keep him on the 4th line if I couldn’t trade him. Add this point I think he’s just taking a kids roster spot who’s more deserving and can bring more, like Carr or Scherbak.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I think that Chucky and Patches showed excellent chemistry when they played together. Both have a similar style and compliment each other. Drouin and Lehkonen also showed some chemistry. Working with duos of players who work well together, I’d go with the following line up.

Patches Chucky Gally
Byron Drouin Lehkonen
Hudon Danault Shaw
DLR Plex Deslauriers
Carr

Schlemko Weber
Alzner Petry
Jerebek Benn
Morrow

That would be my lineup with a healthy roster. Plex adds ZERO offence so I’d keep him on the 4th line if I couldn’t trade him. Add this point I think he’s just taking a kids roster spot who’s more deserving and can bring more, like Carr or Scherbak.

I’m not so sure about Plex. He is very good defensively shutting down opposing players. And he leads Habs with a plus 8. I’m sure CJ loves him for that. I don’t see him on line 4 at all.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’m not so sure about Plex. He is very good defensively shutting down opposing players. And he leads Habs with a plus 8. I’m sure CJ loves him for that. I don’t see him on line 4 at all.

That’s why he’s still on my lineup. That 4th line is a total shutdown line. DLR is a shutdown forward as is Deslauriers who was actually a Dman. That’s a 4th with an identity that you can play against any teams top line while the top 3 lines can also play against anyone and generate offence. Next year replace Plex with DLR and add Carr in full time.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
That’s why he’s still on my lineup. That 4th line is a total shutdown line. DLR is a shutdown forward as is Deslauriers who was actually a Dman. That’s a 4th with an identity that you can play against any teams top line while the top 3 lines can also play against anyone and generate offence. Next year replace Plex with DLR and add Carr in full time.

That is all well and good if the fourth line is getting equal playing time but how many times do we see them just getting 8-9 minutes?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I like Scherbak, but the fact that he's waiver ineligible perhaps means he should be sent down. I want to see more of Carr and I suspect I won't want to see him put on waivers.

When Lehkonen comes back, perhaps Carr, De la Rose, and Deslaurier take turns in the press box, depending on the opposition.
When is Scherbak due to come back anyways?? Haven't heard anything.

I assume he'll go down when he's healthy, he hasn't played in weeks.

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-De la Rose-Carr
Deslauriers-Froese

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Mete, 1st, prospect for ROR

Pacioretty-ROR-Galchenyuk
Hudon-Drouin-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Byron-DLR-Carr/Deslaurier

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Benn

Price

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-De la Rose-Carr
Deslauriers-Froese
Scherbak went down around oct. 30th I think and the prognosis at the time was 6 weeks. So he should be back in about 10 days, unless his recovery doesn't go as expected.

If the Galchenyuk - De la Rose - Byron line keeps it up we could have 4 very solid two way lines. In no particular order, just switching DLR and Drouin:

Galchenyuk- De la Rose -Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Drouin -Carr

And that still doesn't get two players I'm high on in the lineup: Scherbak and Deslaurier.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Lehkonen, I completely forgot he was out of the lineup.
I really like deslauriers. DLR needs to be useful as 4th line, not a 2nd line only

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
2nd line : Hudon-Plek-Gally
2nd line : Patch-Danault-Drouin
2nd line : Byron-Chucky-Lekhonen
3rd line : Carr-DLR-Shaw

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-De la Rose-Carr
Deslauriers-Froese
This is likely the most realistic option and i like it. Offense and defense on all 4 lines...wave after wave...nice

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Why anyone would remove AG and Byron from the same line? They were red hot last year together for the first 20 games. They are playing well together right now. Can we give AG some stability for once and stop removing players from his line the minutes it's working. Gosh seriously ...

I definitely think its worth preserving the byron-dlr-galchenyuk line for a bit. Don't mess with chemistry. But it does raise problem of where to insert drouin, not to mention arturri

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I definitely think its worth preserving the byron-dlr-galchenyuk line for a bit. Don't mess with chemistry. But it does raise problem of where to insert drouin, not to mention arturri

Put Drouin and Lehkonen with Carr. Don't give a number to any line: roll 4 second lines. Have 4 good lines coming at teams all night.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Carr-Drouin-Lehkonen
Galchenyuk-DeLaRose-Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
extras: Deslauriers, Froese

Release: Hemsky

Benn-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Mete-Schlemko/Jerabek
8th D: Morrow

If everyone is healthy, that is 24 players, and Froese is the 24th.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen
Galchenyuk-Drouin-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanecs-Gallagher
Deslauriers-DeLaRose-Byron
Carr - McCarron-Scherbak

Benn (#Markov)-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Mete (Benn) /Schlemko/Jerabek
Morrow

Price
Neimi

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
We have too many similar forwards like middle 6 players. Shaw, Danault, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Carr, Byron, Hudon... I know Gallagher is more top 6 this season but the point remains that we have too any similar player. Not in their style but in term of talent/size/role...

When I see line up with players like Shaw or Danault or Lehkonen on the 1st line I throw up in my mouth.. and it's nothing against them. They shouldn't be there.. and same with a player like Byron on the 4th line.. it's a waste of resource.

MB should make a trade. Get a legit top 6 player

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
i'd like to see DLR on that line against stiffer competition. He brings defensive awareness to that line that Drouin is not capable of doing. DLR I think frees up the other two to attack with ease of mind.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
We have too many similar forwards like middle 6 players. Shaw, Danault, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Carr, Byron, Hudon... I know Gallagher is more top 6 this season but the point remains that we have too any similar player. Not in their style but in term of talent/size/role...

When I see line up with players like Shaw or Danault or Lehkonen on the 1st line I throw up in my mouth.. and it's nothing against them. They shouldn't be there.. and same with a player like Byron on the 4th line.. it's a waste of resource.

MB should make a trade. Get a legit top 6 player

It's good and bad. There are 2 gamebreakers (potentially) in Drouin and Galchenyuk. There's a 30g scorer, established top LW.

Then you have at least 5 players who can realistically score between 15 and 25 goals: Gallagher, Byron, Danault, Shaw and Lehkonen. Add Hudon if you feel like projecting optimistically and you get 6. All together that makes 9 respectable scoring forwards. That's pretty good.

But I agree that there is a lot of sameness. And there aren't enough spots to go around, even though the team could use an upgrade at C and some size. When I see lineups with Byron or Drouin or Lehkonen on the 4th line, it tells me that it has gotten too crowded. Also, while it makes sense to sit players like Deslauriers and Froese in favour of clearly superior players, I think there's value in having a true 4th line with a defined role.

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade for a F -- either a C or a PF type -- that has a few pieces from Montreal going back the other way. Montreal is in a good position to make a quantity for quality deal, if the opportunity presents itself.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think a significant difference between this year and last is that at TDL e loaded up on a trio of so called toughs ( though Ott was entertaing ) who couldn't do anything, let alone produce.

Looking at the players this year though they are smaller, they are faster, younger and have some skill set. They should be able to forecheck well at least and kick in some goals.

In the NHL of today it is more essential to have a 3rd line that can give you about 40-45 goals and a 4th line kick in 20-25 goals. Combined about .75 GPG, have the 1st line kick in about a goal a game and between your 2nd line and D top it up yo get you your 3 goals a game plus.

To boot, these are pretty much all home grown players, and did I say young?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We have these threads every single year. The truth is that injuries are part of the sport, you can't expect the team to be 100% healthy for any significant stretch. The best teams can survive injuries, for example the Stanley Cup finalists were missing Kris Letang and Ryan Johansen.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Hudon Drouin Lehkonen
Scherbak Galchenyuk Gallagher
Byron Danault Shaw
McCarron De La Rose Deslauriers

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn

Price
Lindgren

I flushed out the bums...

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
We have these threads every single year. The truth is that injuries are part of the sport, you can't expect the team to be 100% healthy for any significant stretch. The best teams can survive injuries, for example the Stanley Cup finalists were missing Kris Letang and Ryan Johansen.

Which forwards were out for us last year come playoff time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad