Your forwards lineup when/if all are healthy

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
We have a "Your D pairings when/if all are healthy" thread.

Let's have one for the forwards.

If Drouin, Lehkonen, and Scherbak were to come back and no other injuries were to occur..

if Scherbak and Carr prove themselves:

Byron Drouin Galchenyuk
Paciroetty Danault Shaw
Hudon Plekanec Gallagher
Scherbak De la Rose Lehkonen
Carr

or

Byron Drouin Galchenyuk
Paciroetty Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Shaw
Scherbak Hudon Carr/De la Rose

Either way, don't give the opposition time to breath. Have 4 lines coming at them all game.

If Scherbak can continue where he left off (to me he's already proven he belongs if he wasn't just playing on recent-call-up-adrenaline) and Carr can prove himself, we have too many top 9 forwards and 15 forwards. Who is out of the top 9? Who is out of the top 12?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think it's just a matter of figuring out who to play with Drouin/Chucky and the 4th line as the middle six is set.

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Lehk/Scherby
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-DLR-Deslaurier/Carr

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I think it's just a matter of figuring out who to play with Drouin/Chucky and the 4th line as the middle six is set.

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Lehk/Scherby
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-DLR-Deslaurier/Carr

I would be real interested to see how a Galchneyuk Drouin Scherbak line would do. But so far I like Byron there better than Lehkonen.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I would be real interested to see how a Galchneyuk Drouin Scherbak line would do. But so far I like Byron there better than Lehkonen.
I think there's a chance Lehkonen was hurt and that he returns and looks like the guy who finished the year as a legit top 6.

Byron I'd plug onto the 4th, not that he's been bad at all, just the 4th has been a mess and his speed and aggressive style would help make the 4th line work imo.

Scherbak is the wildcard.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Lehkonen - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - De la Rose - Hemsky

Top 9 is easy to decide
4th line is a bit harder. I would prefer to have Carr there over De la Rose, but we need a center on that line.
I also think Hemsky will rebound

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think there's a chance Lehkonen was hurt and that he returns and looks like the guy who finished the year as a legit top 6.

Byron I'd plug onto the 4th, not that he's been bad at all, just the 4th has been a mess and his speed and aggressive style would help make the 4th line work imo.

Scherbak is the wildcard.

Yea, they said Lehkonen was playing through an injury, and at some point it became unbearable so they had to take him out.
He also clearly wasn't playing like himself. He had trouble shooting the puck and even making passes.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yea, they said Lehkonen was playing through an injury, and at some point it became unbearable so they had to take him out.
He also clearly wasn't playing like himself. He had trouble shooting the puck and even making passes.
Ya I think you give him a chance upon his return, and if he continues to struggle, you give Scherbak a shot.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I would like to see that line try sometimes in the season to see to see Drouin could do with our two most working forwards on the team. Both really like to shoot as well and could be feed by Drouin.

Hudon-Drouin-Gallagher

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Scherbak will probably needs alot of time to overcome that severe injury and get back at the level he was post injury, so expect him to play at least a full month with Laval..

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Byron-Drouin-Lehkonen
Hudon-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
De La Rose-Plekanec-Carr

Won't happen at all, but its what I think would be best to have 3 strong lines, each with 2 skilled grinders and a talented guy that can finish plays, and then a 4th line that would be used a fair bit for defensive assignments, face offs, PP/PK, etc.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'd like to see Hudon instead of Byron on the top, or at least scoring line, and keep Plekanec and Byron together, as they are the top PK tandem.

Hudon-Drouin-Galchenyuk
Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Deslauriers-DeLaRose-Lehkonen
Carr and either Cracknell or Froese as reserves. If Mete comes back from the WJHC subtract a forward.

Terry-McCarron-Sherbak as the top line in Laval.

Reactions: KKWG11

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
After tonight clearly

Hudon-Drouin-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-DeLaRose-Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen
Sherbak-Plekanec-Shaw

This is the way to go ;)
For real tho If JDR keeps it going with chucky and Byron why not try Drouin with Hudon and Gallagher... That could do serious damage

Reactions: Habs100 and VAN-HAB

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Hudon
Deslauriers/Carr - DLR - Shaw

Jerabek - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Morrow

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Byron - Drouin - Galch
Hudon - Plek - Gallacher
Lekh- Danault- Shaw
Pacc- De la rose- Deslaurier

See what you can get on the market for Pacc

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hudon - Drouin - Gallagher/Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher/Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Byron
Carr - DLR - Shaw

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hudon - Drouin - Gallagher/Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher/Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Byron
Carr - DLR - Shaw

We have too many forwards that are getting it done. That leaves Deslauriers, Froese, and Scherbak out. All of whom have played well.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Hard not to roll with this right now...

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Byron
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Carr-DLR-Deslaurier

When we get healthy will be interesting. We are DEEP.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Why anyone would remove AG and Byron from the same line? They were red hot last year together for the first 20 games. They are playing well together right now. Can we give AG some stability for once and stop removing players from his line the minutes it's working. Gosh seriously ...

Reactions: Habs Icing

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We definitely are in a position to trade some guys if we get healthy. In fact we will pretty much HAVE to move a D and a W.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
After tonight clearly

Hudon-Drouin-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-DeLaRose-Byron
Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen
Sherbak-Plekanec-Shaw

This is the way to go ;)
For real tho If JDR keeps it going with chucky and Byron why not try Drouin with Hudon and Gallagher... That could do serious damage
I like these lines a Lot

Reactions: Yoor

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hard not to roll with this right now...

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Byron
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Shaw
Carr-DLR-Deslaurier

When we get healthy will be interesting. We are DEEP.

I like Scherbak, but the fact that he's waiver ineligible perhaps means he should be sent down. I want to see more of Carr and I suspect I won't want to see him put on waivers.

When Lehkonen comes back, perhaps Carr, De la Rose, and Deslaurier take turns in the press box, depending on the opposition.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
lol sorry but i dont care about Deslauriers, Froese or Scherbak

Well Deslaurier is the type of player Julien loves to have on his 4th line. We'll see how things play out, but I doubt he's going anywhere in the short term and probably the long term.

Froese impressed me last night, but sure ultimately it's ok to leave him out of the lineup.

Scherbak impressed me a lot during his pre-injury stint. If he gets another shot, we'll see if he's better than some of our other forwards, plain and simple. If he is there will be decisions to be made. If you have a young stud forward that makes a line and thus your team better, you're going to want him in the lineup. But he's waiver ineligible, so he may only get another look if there are injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad