Movies: Your Favourite Movie without a death or a gun in it

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Not counting comedies or period films when firearms didn't exist....holy crap this is a tough one but I'd have to say The Adjustment Bureau.

I don't even actually care for the movie but AFAIK there is no guns or death in it, and it's an actual drama (not comedy-drama)

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Does The Sandlot count?

Of course.
Heavyweights.
Screenshot_20210107-165323~2.png

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
That was the first one to come to mind for me as well.

Another one not mentioned already - Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Plus Lost In Translation (which someone else also mentioned).

Ferris Beuller: Policemen wearing guns at the police station when Jeannie was at the police station talking to Charlie Sheen.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Not counting comedies or period films when firearms didn't exist....holy crap this is a tough one but I'd have to say The Adjustment Bureau.

I don't even actually care for the movie but AFAIK there is no guns or death in it, and it's an actual drama (not comedy-drama)

Your favorite movie is one you dont care for?

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
You're right! I kinda misread the death part. I thought that it was about gun deaths.

Take Gladiator off then too.

Death itself is usually a plot point that motivates or gives a conclusion.

It just says death or gun in it.It doesn't specify that the death was caused by gun/shooting.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Does Festen (Thomas Vinterberg) have a gun in it? Can't recall, but I don't think so.

I don't think anybody replied to this. No it shouldn't, as having a gun would be contrary to the Dogme95 rules - which made me think that Julien Donkey-Boy is my favorite D95 film and should be considered in this thread (L'hypothèse du tableau volé still remaining my answer to the original question), but then remembered Korine is a cheater.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Festen has a suicide in it and some violence, not exactly a clean film lol.

Really don't remember much of it. Well... death ain't against the rules I guess, murder is... that's still borderline cheating, and that's Dogme #1... Was the suicide part of the film or "retold"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad