Your Favourite Line of all Time.

Mad Habber

Jul 5, 2006
Have to go with Lafleur-Lemaire-Shutt.

I did enjoy Nilan-Carbonneau-Gainey.

Another was Richer-Skrudland-Corson. And although they never got to play together, I always said that Richer got traded for his ideal center in Kirk Muller. Muller played pretty much like Skrudland except he had 10 times the talent. I would have loved to see Richer-Muller-Corson and the possibility of all three hitting career numbers in one season.

Iain Fyffe

Hockey fact-checker
Another was Richer-Skrudland-Corson. And although they never got to play together, I always said that Richer got traded for his ideal center in Kirk Muller. Muller played pretty much like Skrudland except he had 10 times the talent. I would have loved to see Richer-Muller-Corson and the possibility of all three hitting career numbers in one season.
Interesting observation, and I think you're probably right. That would have been a heck of a line.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
From the Avs:

Tanguay-Sakic- Hejduk
Tanguay-Forsberg- Hejduk (The Amp line)
Lemieux - Forsberg- Kamensky (The UN line)

Growing up the Legion of Doom was my favourite line. Such a cool ass name.

Jacques Trap*

Lemieux - Gretzky - Hawerchuk

Last 2 mins of game 3 1987 Canada Cup

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
In the early 70's, both Boston and New York had number-two lines which were better than the top line on most of the other teams. The Bruins had Fred Stanfield between Johnny Bucyk and John McKenzie, behind the trio of Phil Esposito between Kenny Hodge and Wayne Cashman, who replaced Ron Murphy.

On Broadway, behind the G.A.G. Line was the Bulldog Line, featuring Walt Tkaczuk centering Bill Fairburn and Dave Balon, before being replaced by Steve Vickers.

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Original French Connection

The French Connection

Ogie, this was the original French Connection line:

8deac638201141b1ba714912965bc16c.jpg

Thrace

Feb 21, 2012
Would love to say the Russian 5, but sadly that was just before my time. So I'll go with Fedorov-Kozlov-Brown(ov). Just a nice blend of complimentary playing styles.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom was another favourite.

Outside of my team, I really enjoyed watching the West Coast Express (although I hated Bertuzzi back then) and the Rangers' FLY line of Fleury, Lindros and York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad