Your Favourite Line of all Time.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Homer favorites: Krushelnyski - Pedersen - Middleton & Buyck - Ratelle - Cashman

Gainor - Weiland - Clapper
Schmidt - Bauer - Dumart
Horvath - Stasiuk - Bucyk
Williams - Oliver - Bucyk

Gotta love Johnny Bucyk..... be nice if you learned the correct^spelling of his name Mr.Bonvie. :(

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
the best line bure ever played on was in new york with lindros and fleury. after a few games, rucinsky was substituted in fleury's place, presumably to spread out the offense.

bure, lindros, and fleury: all post-prime and all very near the ends of their truncated careers. imagine those guys together at their peaks...

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
Not really because of production or flashyness, but Carter-Gionta-Bernier were a force during the 2011-2012 Devils cup run, their ability to pin teams on their defensive zone for entire shifts was remarkable, very enjoyable to watch and one of the keys to that SCF appearance.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
the best line bure ever played on was in new york with lindros and fleury...

Ya, and its a shame Quinn was never able to find the entirely right compliment in Vancouver. Still, thats Pat Quinn. The guy was still just "rolling lines" post Vancouver in Toronto like it was 1987 or whatever much to the delight of his opposites behind the other benches league wide.... Also in Vancouver, that line of Smyl - Rota - Gradin (earlier Fraser) was excellent. All 3 finishing Top 30 in Points, hard~nosed, wouldnt back down from anything or anyone.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
My favourite line was Gainey, Carbonneau and Nilan. One of the best lines however had to have been Trottier, Bossy and Gilles. Unfortunately I hated the Islanders back then so I was never biased enough to enjoy watching them.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Gainor - Weiland - Clapper
Schmidt - Bauer - Dumart
Horvath - Stasiuk - Bucyk
Williams - Oliver - Bucyk

Gotta love Johnny Bucyk..... be nice if you learned the correct^spelling of his name Mr.Bonvie. :(

Too late to learn spelling.

Maybe if you send me down to the Bruins site for awhile, I'll learn to be more careful.

Also, be sure to dot all your i's and cross all your t's for the rest of my life.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
WCE, Brother line, The Burrdins.

Non-Canucks: Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry or Tanguay - Sakic - Hejduk

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
West Coast Express ( Naslund, Morrison, Burtuzzi )
The Olympic Line in Winnipeg ( Selanne, Zhamnov, Tkachuk )
Cash Line ( Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson )
The 700 pound line I really liked back in the day ( Murray, Thornton, Knuble )

Growing up a Jets fan, the main line was the Maclean, Hawerchuk and Mullen trio.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Growing up a Jets fan, the main line was the Maclean, Hawerchuk and Mullen trio.

.... cheating a bit, but one of the greatest lines of all time & one that left an indelible mark on the pro game in North America, and which certainly Glen Sather appreciated modeling the Oilers after it was the WHA Jets line of Hull, Hedberg & Nilsson.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Bryan Trottier at center, Mike Bossy on RW and on left wing any of...

Clark Gillies
Bob Bourne
John Tonelli

Gillies played the most with #19 & 22 and he was clearly the most talented of the Isles LWs. But all of the above got significant icetime with that duo, as did the much forgotten, but valuable Anders Kallur, to a lesser extent.

And they all flourished.

But then again, you, I or the guy next door could have produced alongside those two greats.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Inspired by the "Best Line in the NHL" thread; this got me thinking. What is your favourite line of all time?

Being a homer: Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi was pretty magical, especially in 2002-03.

Selanne, Zhamnov, and Tkachuk was pretty remarkable.

Gretzky, Kurri, Tikkanen - what more can you say?

This list could go on for ages, so I'm curious what your favourites were?
I'm from Vancouver and as good as these guys were as a line the Fraser-Gradin-Smyl line is those crazy alien uniforms always holds a special place in my hockey heart.

Smyl and Gradin were totally classy guys and Fraser tough as nails and maybe the best pound for pound fighter the Canucks have ever had and all 3 guys complemented each other really well.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Bryan Trottier at center, Mike Bossy on RW and on left wing any of...

Clark Gillies
Bob Bourne
John Tonelli

Gillies played the most with #19 & 22 and he was clearly the most talented of the Isles LWs. But all of the above got significant icetime with that duo, as did the much forgotten, but valuable Anders Kallur, to a lesser extent.

And they all flourished.

But then again, you, I or the guy next door could have produced alongside those two greats.

i agree on this and think that Tonelli had the best career of those 3 guys and get under appreciated at times but he will be on my top 80 wingers list, not so sure about gillies though and Bourne is a bit of an unsung hero as well for this Islander teams.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
All lines mentioned but Lafleur Lemaire or Mahalovich and Shutt line was special.Perrault,Robert,Martin and Dionne,Tayler,Simmer.1981 Canada Cup Line-Perrault,Gretzy and Lafleur was special.Trottier line wwas great.How about Bure,Molginy,Federov as a junior Russian line

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
My all-time favorite.....The GAG line.....

Hadfield - Ratelle - Gilbert

Also, hated playing against these two lines, but had to respect them:

The French Connection Line (Martin/Perreault/Robert)...and
from the hated Flyers, Barber/Clarke/Leach

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
the best line bure ever played on was in new york with lindros and fleury. after a few games, rucinsky was substituted in fleury's place, presumably to spread out the offense.

bure, lindros, and fleury: all post-prime and all very near the ends of their truncated careers. imagine those guys together at their peaks...

Well, there was the Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny line at the World Junior Championship.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Richards-Toews-Nash, only saw them for 6 games at the 2010 Olympics, but oh boy, that's a checking line for the ages.

Here we go Boys

Feb 6, 2014
Always liked the Forsberg - Sakic - Hejduk line the Avs would throw out if they were losing, I think they called it the panic line but not completely sure.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
From a historical point: The French Connection in Buffalo.

Lines I've actually seen: Yzerman - Sakic - Iginla (Gold Medal Game SLC 2002), Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson, Heatley - Thornton - Marleau, Bertuzzi - Morrison - Naslund, Huselius - Langkow - Iginla.

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
My favourite line was Gainey, Carbonneau and Nilan. One of the best lines however had to have been Trottier, Bossy and Gilles. Unfortunately I hated the Islanders back then so I was never biased enough to enjoy watching them.

Came here to say the same thing; my favorite as well. Before that Gainey-Jarvis-Houle was a great checking line also. I always enjoyed watching the Lambert-Risebrough-Tremblay line too. They always brought a lot of energy to a game. What an outstanding bottom six. Badger Bob putting Risebrough w/ Tonelli & Lanny during the Flames '86 run to the Finals was inspired. Here in Colorado Kamensky-Forsberg-Lemieux was a lot of fun to watch in the late 90s.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
i agree on this and think that Tonelli had the best career of those 3 guys and get under appreciated at times but he will be on my top 80 wingers list, not so sure about gillies though and Bourne is a bit of an unsung hero as well for this Islander teams.

Jethro provided the protection and paid out any justice if someone took a run at #22 or #19. Trotts didn't fight but he was tough as nails and could protect himself well, but if someone was looking to dance, #9 was more than willing.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Another one of my favourites was Vancouver's Life Line:

Ronning - Courtnall - Linden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad