Your favorite player's biggest flaw

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
For me, it's Crosby's sometimes unwillingness to shoot the puck. There's more than a few occasions where he'll have a clear shot or clear lane to the net, but will look for the pass to either a winger with stone hands or a trailing defenseman who ends up shooting the puck into the goalie's chest.

I'd like him to take the shots that are available to him more. I understand he'll never be like Ovechkin and shoot every time he comes over the blue line, but I'd just look to see Sid shoot in the instances where he's got a legitimate chance to score.

When Sid scored 51 goals and followed it up with 32 goals in 41 games before Steckel brained him, he was doing exactly that. He was shooting any chance he got. I prefer that Sid.

mattgkg

Jan 16, 2015
Jeff Carter has BRUTAL cold streaks (where he still gets scoring chances and posts) or would be a career PPG player.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Brad Marchand, he is to nice and gentle, I wish he could play slightly more dirtier

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Can't pick just one, sorry.

Gaudreau: inability to sign a team-friendly contract quickly (if we're talking on-ice, then it's basically that his size/build prevent him from being as effective as I'd like defensively sometimes)

Brodie: doesn't shoot the puck enough

Gio: occasionally too aggressive when defending, can get a little out of position as a result

Iginla: skating at this point, easily

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
Ovechkin-Too coachable. He should take charge and lead the breakouts/offense when his team is down. He can set up plays better than most players can, and of course, shoot whenever he pleases. This way he isn't nearly useless when Backstrom carries it in, because everyone knows where Ovi is going to be.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Datsyuk: too selfless, maybe not ambitious enough on an individual level. What I mean by the latter is he didn't really seem like the one who loved scoring etc, it was all about the team and having fun on the ice.

I think his PPG-ratio could've been even better had he possessed more of that drive to be "the" guy and had more aspirations for personal glory.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Craig Smith - Just kinda not real skilled tbh.

Sam Reinhart - His shot never really impresses me.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Ben Bishop has no big flaws. Just off days like anybody else, but as much consistency as you can want from an elite goalie. deb8 me

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Jaromir Jagr: Slow and ineffectual defensively as usual, can have a tendency towards atrocious PIM's and giveaways.

Aleksander Barkov: Injury prone

Sedins: Slow, probably from carrying too much...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad