Your favorite player's biggest flaw

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Everyone has their favorites. Either superstars or simply average players with some special tools/personalities that intrigues you.

But what is their biggest flaw(s).

For me, Karlsson can stop moving his legs and let other players beat him to the puck - even though he would be able to get to it first had he skated hard instead of just gliding.

Part of the reason is of course his massive icetime, but his lacadasicalness (is that even a word?) does piss me off sometimes.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Josi has a lot more defensive lapses than people think. He's generally fine defending players on the rush and hardly gives up odd-man rush situations but sometimes gets caught puck watching when other teams have us hemmed in our zone.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
What's Sid's biggest flaw I don't even know. Used to be visibly less skilled defensively but safe to say he's come around in a big way.

Mad Brills*

Phil Kessel is awful in shootouts, and is meh on breakaways.

Apocalypse Dude

"Value"
Jul 25, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wish Crosby would shoot more.

If we're talking about favourite all time though I'd say he didn't have one, Sakic was perfect.

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Thornton is definately shooting more or using his deceiving speed more to beat defenders 1 on 1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin is too passive. He needs to use his considerable skating and puck handling skills to affect the game offensively, and not be content to just be a good defender.

Having said that, it is highly unlikely he will get to see any PP time with Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba, and Reilly on the team. I think both he and Scandella would become even better players if they were moved to a team that featured them more in offensive situations due to a lack of defensive talent.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
All-time favourite: Alex Tanguay

Will pass up the best shooting opportunities to make a pass. The guy could have a wide open net, let the goalie scramble to get back, and pass it off to someone. Definitely frustrating sometimes because his shot is deadly accurate.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Datsyuk used to be a little too "cute" sometimes and also had a tendency to overpass. I guess with him gone it would now be Nyquist, can he has been plain awful in the playoffs so far.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
He's retired. And he smoked 3 packs per day :amazed: But what a beauty!

000105393.jpg

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
For me Eichel drives me nuts sometimes. He needs to show more consistency. And when he has the puck he tries to do to much sometimes. Also if Eichel had Reinhart's hockey IQ you'd have Mario Lemieux

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Keith is 33 years old and kind of a red ass. You hit him in a way he doesnt like, he'll respond with disproportionate aggression and with no regard for timing and context.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Komarov has the issue of sometimes doing something really dumb like a bad hit or bad penalty. Other than that, he's a perfect hockey player in the modern NHL. Solid two way, constant motor, can cycle and play boards, put in 20 goals last year, great mentor, draws penalties.

<3

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Big Buff forgets he is playing defenceman after some of his end to end rushes. Plus he should fight with his fists once in a while also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad