Your favorite gear

densetsu

Graf Goaler Pro 750's. I've had 'em for a while, they're well worn and still perform awesome, and that dorky-looking elf-toe cowling hasn't given me a single stinger.

Hockey begins with the skates. You can't play good in a bad pair of skates.

Saved*

I would probably say my skates as well, Vapor XXIX. Fit great.

Other than that? Probably my CCM U+ or my custom made Dolomite.

Griff57

Apr 7, 2008
Boston
i just picked up a set of reebok PS3 goalie pads. easily the nicest stuff ive ever worn as a goalie. so for now i'll say my leg pads are my favorite pieces of gear. however i just made an appointment to get my mask painted by steve nash, same guy who has done masks for tim thomas, cam ward, jonathan quick, martin biron, etc... so i have a feeling my favorite piece of gear may change soon.

Pittsburgh Proud

Dec 12, 2007
Pittsburgh
My new NB 5500 helmet. Hopefully my freshly ordered NB 195 Lindros 87 flex stick and Eagle X6 gloves. Also this year for my ametuer team we are getting free Nike Bauer warm ups. Great because Nike Bauer is my favorite company.

Semper Sens

Nov 10, 2007
The puck.

But seriously folks ... most of my gear are not top of the line stuff as I wear what is comfy as a priority rather than pricetag....

I feel you, when I got my first composite stick (it was a birthday gift), I hated it because I was afraid it would break and my family would be PO'd that they wasted $60. I kept reverting to my $12 CTC wood.

I guess my favourites are my gloves. Gloves are so cool. I got mine from Walmart, they look ridiculously large and feel pretty good.

I bought my first brand new pair of skates (Easton Synergy somethings) for myself for Christmas but I'm not sold on them, I feel less comfortable taking tight turns with them for some reason.

RKB9

Feb 26, 2009
Winnipeg
ridiculously comfy

hockeymonkey_2055_160361942

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
My favorite piece of equipment is my jock, and my Warrior Hustler pants. Even tho they make me look like a fat ass because of all the padding in them. I love the protection i get

Croco

Jan 6, 2009
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
i just picked up a set of reebok PS3 goalie pads. easily the nicest stuff ive ever worn as a goalie. so for now i'll say my leg pads are my favorite pieces of gear. however i just made an appointment to get my mask painted by steve nash, same guy who has done masks for tim thomas, cam ward, jonathan quick, martin biron, etc... so i have a feeling my favorite piece of gear may change soon.

My new NB 5500 helmet. Hopefully my freshly ordered NB 195 Lindros 87 flex stick and Eagle X6 gloves. Also this year for my ametuer team we are getting free Nike Bauer warm ups. Great because Nike Bauer is my favorite company.
Hey Griff, how much does Mr. Nash charge for his work, for curiosity's sake? And I'll have to give a nod to my NBH 5500 helmet and Itech HS22 visor...after a couple minutes with the helmet on, it feels as if I'm not even wearing it. Though with what I've been hearing about the Bauer 4-rolls, those are quickly moving up my list for my next equipment purchase...tried some on at my LHS and they almost feel like pillows on my hands. I'd sooner get those over the new One95 gloves, as I don't really like the fit on the One95s in comparison.

(And Pittsburgh Proud, you didn't specify which Staal is overrated... ;) )

Griff57

Apr 7, 2008
Boston
Hey Griff, how much does Mr. Nash charge for his work, for curiosity's sake?

my helmet will cost me 850, which i feel is pretty fair, considering the amount of detail im looking for. there will be a griffin on each side of my mask, which both contain lots of detail. it will have the boston skyline inbetween them, and "GRIFF" in old english letters on the chin. also a shamrock on the backplate. hopefully that gives you an idea.

Croco

Jan 6, 2009
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
my helmet will cost me 850, which i feel is pretty fair, considering the amount of detail im looking for. there will be a griffin on each side of my mask, which both contain lots of detail. it will have the boston skyline inbetween them, and "GRIFF" in old english letters on the chin. also a shamrock on the backplate. hopefully that gives you an idea.
Sweet. You're gonna have to put up pictures when you get it back!

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm not even sure what the model is but my shin guards. I got them from a thrift store for $40 and went on hockey monkey immediately after I got them to see how much they cost, they were list price at $130 and I think hockey monkey was selling them for $95. Pretty good bargain and they work great. Whenever I have blocked a shot with my shin guards I never even feel it.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
anything by Koho sadly they were bought out but still make the 700's which i find is a solid pad. The only brand(s) other than koho i like is Bauer and TPS sticks i only like Itechs RX's so i don't count that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad