Your favorite gear

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
Was my 77 flex 106 Vapor XX sticks. WHY GOD, WHY?!?!?!

Now, I'll go with my 85 flex Z-Bubble and p106 One90 wood blades

or

Vapor XXX gloves. Sadly, the first hole has opened up in the palm. I fear the worst.

The new knee brace from Bunga Pads might shoot up the list though very soon.

i have 3 of those babies, 2 with s15 sakic curves one with a z-carbon sakic curve which is pretty much the same thing but an older model

also my broski has a pair of those XXXX gloves and they are so nice

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
Custom Warrior Franchise gloves:
dscn2213.jpg

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
Sherwood 5030 Traditional Shoulders right now. When I switched to these I felt like the wind!

Soon to be my S9 with Mirrored Wave Visor. Should be here today.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The only piece of gear I'm not planning to upgrade anytime soon: My CCM 6.0 shoulder pads. They aren't any thing special, but they work perfectly and I never have to think about them. Good protection, light, and great.

I also like my Mission Fuel 75 pants.

Everything else needs to go.

Persuasion

Feb 9, 2009
Ontario
I really like my NB Vapor XII Navy gloves.

nike-bauer-vaporxii-junior-hockey-gloves.jpg

It was inexpensive (~$45), incredibly comfortable, and I just dig the design. It was the only glove on the rack that I kept on looking back at.

I also have this attachment to my RBK 1K wood stick. Its not the greatest stick but it somehow clicks for me. Too bad its feeling a bit weak and I am considering on using my backup TPS Adrenaline compo ;)

playbedar

Nov 5, 2008
Granby, QC
I changed my mind. Since I played only one game with my stick I figured it can't really be my favorite piece of gear. And it's my first high end stick so I can't compare the general feeling.

So I'll go with my gloves. Mission Fuel 900 ... super comfy and I personally like the look.

1003513.jpg

1003512.jpg

But I still want some Warrior Franchise ... I'll probably buy a pair next season.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Just bought some X60's. So i'm gonna assume those. Don't get to try them for another week.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
My 4-Rolls are easily the greatest gloves I've ever used. I love my Farrel shoulder pads too, I feel so light and smooth on the ice.

Wow awesome ... I bought some a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love them too. They feel like you are not wearing anything and there is no restrictive movement feeling. I put my TPS shoulder pads away in the closet.

These only weigh about 2lbs too! I think thse are the future of hockey shoulder pads honestly. The QMJHL MAINEiacs all wear these too.

I like how the pads are velcroed and the shoulder armor plates have metal snaps to remove what you do not wish to wear as well as velcro. I take the shoulder armor off for my men's league. So damned comfy it is crazy but YOU know that already.

http://websheets.net/tsrhockey/admin/publicfiles/farrell.jpg

Their website has the black ones too but I got the white ones. http://www.farrellsports.com/products/hockey/adult/h500_sw_pro_hockey_pads.html

farrell.jpg

I also wear their 5 pad compression short which has the velcro for the hockey socks on the thighs.

FC7650.jpg

I saw a Tim Thomas lockeroom interview and he was wearing these, the compression shirt for goalies. I believe Carey price wears them too.

farrell_shirt.jpg

Last edited:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Just bought some X60's. So i'm gonna assume those. Don't get to try them for another week.

Yeah tried them this weekend. I have tremendously wide feet and they fit me (9EE). I had them on for an hour in the store and they didn't hurt. I was reluctant to spend that much on any equipment but I have never had skates that fit me that well. I took them out for a skate and had to get the edge of the toe caps punched out a tad, now they fit awesome. It is so frustrating buying skates when your feet are an awkward size. I went to 2 different stores in Calgary and they wouldn't even let me try on the X 60's, saying my feet were too wide. All the other skates the arches of my feet hurt within minutes. Finally the 3rd store I went to the salesman also had wide feet and told me to try the new X60's. So I tried them and they fit awesome. It is just ridiculous dealing with salespeople some times.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yeah tried them this weekend. I have tremendously wide feet and they fit me (9EE). I had them on for an hour in the store and they didn't hurt. I was reluctant to spend that much on any equipment but I have never had skates that fit me that well. I took them out for a skate and had to get the edge of the toe caps punched out a tad, now they fit awesome. It is so frustrating buying skates when your feet are an awkward size. I went to 2 different stores in Calgary and they wouldn't even let me try on the X 60's, saying my feet were too wide. All the other skates the arches of my feet hurt within minutes. Finally the 3rd store I went to the salesman also had wide feet and told me to try the new X60's. So I tried them and they fit awesome. It is just ridiculous dealing with salespeople some times.

Well, the vapor line is traditionally quite narrow. You would not have fit in a vapor 40. I'm guessing they're not aware that Bauer changed the fit on the line yet.

Oh, and I forgot to mention my other favorite piece of gear: Tackla pro 5000 pants. The prefect pant. Really.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
I recently had to purchase a new set of gloves (lost mine, no clue what happened, hockey glove gnomes) and got the louisville tps r8's (only ones I liked at the pro shop with not much selection but needed them quick). So far I like them a lot. I used to have Mission gloves with a hole in the palm.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA

I guess stores in Calgary don't like making $600 sales.

Didn't even let you? damn, wonderful salesmanship. I'll give a customer a recommendation, but it's their choice.

AHF

Apr 21, 2004
Edmonton
I guess stores in Calgary don't like making $600 sales.

Didn't even let you? damn, wonderful salesmanship. I'll give a customer a recommendation, but it's their choice.

No kidding. That's absurd.

Yeah, it probably won't fit...but I'll gladly have people try them on anyway. No harm in trying them on.

Like you said, we can make recommendations, but I've never once refused a request to try on a certain skate.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
My 4-Rolls are easily the greatest gloves I've ever used. I love my Farrel shoulder pads too, I feel so light and smooth on the ice.

Another good review of the 4 rolls eh? I've been glove shopping for a while now and I keep coming back to them, I think maybe they're the ones for me. Was hoping to try on some Warrior Fubars first though, anyone have any experience with them?

As for my favourite gear, I'd have to say my old DR Centurion shin pads, they're so tough, I can't find anything comparable to replace them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad