Your favorite gear

playbedar

Nov 5, 2008
Granby, QC
What's your favorite hockey gear you own? It can be a stick, an helmet, anything.

Mine's my CCM U+ Grip stick, I have played one game with it but it's already my favorite stick ever and my favorite piece of gear.

I thought it could be an interesting topic.

EDIT:

Just like that ... but it's a pro stock Maxime Lapierre's stick, almost as new for 125$ :yo:

hockeymonkey_2049_354048526

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
mine is hopefully going to be my new warrior fubar gloves but right now its my warrior ak27 with bauer samsonov blade and for goalie stuff my eagle gloves. so comfortable so nice so broken in. or my graf 750s

IanJebus

Aug 19, 2008
Toronto
My AK27 shaft + easton forsberg blade was my favourite until it broke
Synergy SE Non grip was fantastic as well
As for now probably my RBK 8K pants or my CCM V10 skates

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
The puck.

But seriously folks ... most of my gear are not top of the line stuff as I wear what is comfy as a priority rather than pricetag.

My fave composite blade was 2 RBK Prostock IG-17 patterns. These were the ones made in Canada with just a plain white RBK logo and nothing else. I have one left and broke one.

I can't find them anywhere any longer and am bummed about it.

Lately it has been the three Easton Synergy blades with the Heatley pattern.

Oh ... and the Farrell shoudlies I bought recently. great shoulder pads and top notch professional stuff.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I love my Easton SP8200 shoulders. I think they're an old pro stock design, but great mobility, a lower profile fit, no stomach padding and such, just chest and shoulders, but what it does have is really protective, foam with plastic inserts in key areas, all in all nice.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
i have an old pair of Easton gloves that i've had for about 12years...easily best gloves ive ever had...ive tried new gloves and hated them in comparison...palms are finally just about gone in these gloves so im going to have to have them re-palmed but easily my most prized possession as far as gear is concerned

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
My skates are awesome... by far the best fitting pair I have ever had!

They are Bauer XXVs... certainly not high-end, but very good for the price I paid and infinitely better than my old skates.

My least favourite piece of equipment has to be my elbow pads... the velcro comes loose after every second shift!!

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Anybody have Warrior Super Mac Daddy's? I am thinking of getting some off of hockeymonkey for $99. I remember them being really good, but not sure how they hold up.

no.95

Apr 27, 2006
My rediculously old pair of Bauer Supreme 4000 skates. They've got to be at least 12 years old by now and they fit so gosh darned well that I really don't want to get a new pair even though I probably should considering that they've gone pretty soft and there's not that much protection in them any more. But the thought of breaking in a pair of new skates is not the least bit inviting at all.

My TPS R8-pro gloves are great as well, or were great I should say. Not the least bit durable, but great feel to them.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Tackla 4000 girdle

41UbsKiyetL._AA280_.jpg

Makes falling on your ass a pleasant experience. They also weigh next to nothing and give me much more mobility than traditional pants.

mikeylikey

Jun 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
I have some RBK pro stock pants from the Lightning...my first pair of pants...I would have thought falling on my ass would be like plopping on a cushion, but it's like getting kicked in the ass by a donkey. I might give something like those a try!

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
I don't really have a favorite. Maybe my Intake with 9500 cage. Though I'm thinking of treating myself to new gloves soon, so hopefully that.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Was my 77 flex 106 Vapor XX sticks. WHY GOD, WHY?!?!?!

Now, I'll go with my 85 flex Z-Bubble and p106 One90 wood blades

or

Vapor XXX gloves. Sadly, the first hole has opened up in the palm. I fear the worst.

The new knee brace from Bunga Pads might shoot up the list though very soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad