Your Favorite Devils HFboards Poster

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Trottier pops up on the main board every now and then. I saw him there last week.

Yeah he's around, I've seen him in BoH recently as well. This thread reminds me of how long I lurked here (well, I still do most of the time). A lot of familiar names and unfortunately some of them are not seen here much anymore.

Nice group all around, I have some great memories of this board subtly and sarcastically trolling the rest of HF (especially the mainboard) during the Kovy saga, season of sucking and then awesomeness, and of course the Cup run.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
DF; man that brings back some memories.

RG and his Photoshop skills.

Definitely Getzo. We seem to share a lot of opinions and I respect what he has to say. I think he really knows his stuff (whether we agree or not).

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Ã…bo by a mile and a plus :laugh:

Though Slammer has his moments occasionally aswell

Hey that's not fair. Finlandianers sticking together is ruining the results of this informal formal poll.

Plus when I learned how "Ã…" is pronounced and that for short, it sounds like "oh-bo" instead of "ahh-bo" I got depressed.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Must take a moment to pay tribute to RG.

Not only is he the constant glue that holds us together as a Mod, but he also sets the aesthetic bar high with all of his generous photoshop work.

We can thank him for several seasons of Playoff Avatars, each year one upping the last, and for custom beauties like the one you see to your left.

No offense to any of the other wonderful mods and globals, who are all stout characters unto themselves, but RG is the wind beneath my HF wings.

Respect.

blush_zps67a2aa19.png~original

You had me at hello - but there's a lot of "glue" posters around these parts and then there's the foundation posters who gave the rest of us a place worth rallying around. They might visit daily, some weekly, even monthly or longer... and some in shotgun visits timed randomly *cough cough*. ;)

Thx JG
*hat tip*

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I would be everyone's favorite poster if this was a Red Bulls board! I brought beer for everyone at the tailgate Saturday!!!

lightsout

Jul 27, 2007
If I remember correctly Devsfan38 or whatever had a smiley face avatar. The poster was a girl and became a mod and then went to med school and we never heard from her again.

Ratsgirl was a Carolina fan who lived in Albany and would always give us updates on prospects. When the team moved to Lowell we never heard from her again.

Otter, haven't seen him post in years.

What happened to recent people like pacman and Harrison Ford? Were they the same person? Did they change their name or just aren't around any more?

Devilswede isn't around much any more either. It was disappointing that he wasn't really around for the cup run. I know he posted a few times then and still pokes in from time to time.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
If I remember correctly Devsfan38 or whatever had a smiley face avatar. The poster was a girl and became a mod and then went to med school and we never heard from her again.

Ratsgirl was a Carolina fan who lived in Albany and would always give us updates on prospects. When the team moved to Lowell we never heard from her again.

Otter, haven't seen him post in years.

What happened to recent people like pacman and Harrison Ford? Were they the same person? Did they change their name or just aren't around any more?

Devilswede isn't around much any more either. It was disappointing that he wasn't really around for the cup run. I know he posted a few times then and still pokes in from time to time.

Pacman and Harrison Ford aren't the same person, and they post from time to time. They're both in college and rightfully busy with life.

Devilswede was actually HERE, like in Jersey, for a Cup Final game. Watching his excitement was better than the game.

lboogie42*

Devilchuk is another good one. Tho I wish he would change his name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Oh wait, who was the dude who knew Scott Gomez's family, and then left the board when he signed with the Rangers? I remember he was all the rage during the Gomez arbitration hearings in 2006.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
Ã…bo by a mile and a plus :laugh:

Though Slammer has his moments occasionally aswell
**** yeah :yo:

Slammer had some great GDT's. I'm pretty sure he did a lot of them in our 5 game win streak this last season.
yeah, this run was fantazing :handclap:

Yea, those GDT's were pretty amazing. I miss Slammer's always optimistic posts although Johnny Rocket's doing his best to fill that void.
No void there, broooo...as soon as the season starts I will kick right back here with full optimism, be assured about that!!!
not much there to be optimistic about atm, hehe ;)

thanks for the kind words, guys! much appreciated!!!

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
No badmouthing other posters, please. This is the "favorite" Devils poster thread, after all.

Appreciate the clean up, CD.

I still cherish the time you and I tied on the poll for "Smartest Poster" on these here boards some years back.

The custom trophy I made for myself (mostly out of dry macaroni, popsicle sticks and glitter) still sits on my desk at work.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Appreciate the clean up, CD.

I still cherish the time you and I tied on the poll for "Smartest Poster" on these here boards some years back.

The custom trophy I made for myself (mostly out of dry macaroni, popsicle sticks and glitter) still sits on my desk at work.

Oh man, that made me laugh pretty hard.

I just stuck a gold star on my laptop, myself.

Mory Schneideur*

Basement Cat
NJDevs26 or NJDevils26 always get those two confused

Pretty much everyone especially when the GIFs and jokes come out

Pretty much no one when we argue the dumbest things & people being out the pitchforks, and not the blinkey ones hotties have at the games :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad