Boston Bruins Your favorite and least favorite Bruins’ Trade Deadlines

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I remember being so excited when the Bruins got Gonchar and Nylander. I’m pretty sure that was at or near the deadline but I was in the fifth grade 😂

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This one was still better than the one where we didn't sell Ericsson. Peeke could be a decent piece moving forward if he gels with the team/system.
Yeah I wrote that before any trades were made. :laugh:

This one was frustrating for me as I just couldn't figure out how anything could be done. And the team was in a strange place where the roster was good enough to not be sellers, but missing enough to not be contenders.

And now that the smoke has cleared... Well I'm not sure much has changed.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I wrote that before any trades were made. :laugh:

This one was frustrating for me as I just couldn't figure out how anything could be done. And the team was in a strange place where the roster was good enough to not be sellers, but missing enough to not be contenders.

And now that the smoke has cleared... Well I'm not sure much has changed.

What irritated me at that deadline was they didn't need Stempniak or Liles. They had guys in-house who could do just as good of a job and you can only dress 18 guys and there's only one puck. All those two did was push two equal players out of the line-up and they gave up a decent pile of draft picks to do it.

Reactions: Dr Hook

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This one here is probably my least favorite ! They needed a center, a top center or even one who can win some face-offs they didn't get either. All their pending UFA are still with the team and their additions are just depth adds, even though they had Forborts LTIR stashed away to use thats all they came away with.

Seemed like Sweeney was more than content to move forward on what they already have, given the fact they play the leafs in round one and they seem to have their number. Too bad he didn't have higher aspirations for this team than just being content with possibly winning one round.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I also remember 2006 sucking. I hated seeing Sergei Samsonov go, and getting back Marty Reasoner who clearly didn't want to be here sucked. Though in retrospect the pick became Lucic so it was ultimately good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad