Speculation: Your evaluation of Nikolai Kulemin after 10 games

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
I love Kulemin. with his speed, and his shot, the coaching staff really need to work on his positioning. On 2-1 and 3-1, and rushes, he doesnt really find open ice very well.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
His hustle is second to none on this team. Always defensively responsible. At worst, he'll end up as a great 3rd liner on this team.

Vintage Leaf Memories

Jan 7, 2013
I loved Kulemin his first three years here. Very positive career arc at that point. I don't see his current contributions quite as strongly as some here. Would like to see him be a more consistently physical presence. He works "hard", but that should be a minimum expectation for the type of player he is.

glasses91

Jul 10, 2012
Steelheads!?
loving the positive comments!

kules one of my favs..I think we should have acquired semin as a gift for him!

thats a dirty first line...

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Kolya has already surpassed my expectations. He has the heart of a lion.

He definitely doesn't have the kind of confidence and swagger that he shared with his other linemates 2 seasons ago, but that is still lurking under the surface, too.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
let see, he plays against the other team's top line and is top 3 in points.

trade him to pittsburg.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
ya 20 goals, 25 would be great. around 100 hits and good two way play. he is what he is. On a great team he is a 3rd line winger, but a very good and valuable one.

BayStBully

Dec 7, 2010
Toronto
One of this team's glaring weaknesses is defensively responsible big physical forwards and so many of you want to trade our best one?

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
If he goes and play with Malkin, we can pen him in for 30g+ every year while playing lights out D.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
As much as I believe Kulemin is the player that makes the #2 line go, Carter Ashton is starting to assert himself in the AHL. Develop/Promote, if he continues his progress, Kulemin may be expendable if a team wants him enough. Joe Morrow is a very good prospect that is knocking on the door, he's a piece I would love to add to our team.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I think he is playing great, his skating is top notch right now. I would say he keeps working the way he is 15-17 goals would not be much to far out of reach. Great player that if he was gone everyone would notice the drop in play.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
As much as I believe Kulemin is the player that makes the #2 line go, Carter Ashton is starting to assert himself in the AHL. Develop/Promote, if he continues his progress, Kulemin may be expendable if a team wants him enough. Joe Morrow is a very good prospect that is knocking on the door, he's a piece I would love to add to our team.

Couldn't agree more. Adding Joe Morrow to our depth at the expense of Kuli would be a pretty solid deal.

Imagine:

Rielly
Morrow
Finn
Blacker
Percy
Granberg
Nilsson

Imagine the assets we will have as those guys start to become NHL ready, wow.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
He is still not the same player he was prior to the Gleason rough-up. Not as gutsy, a little bit more scared, and not as confident.

That doesn't mean he's ineffective, but I have doubts if we'll ever see a 30 goal season again from him. Seems to be a 20/25 guy to me, which is kind of what you want from a 2nd liner.

DIrwin

Sep 25, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Does anybody remember how lights out kessel-bozie-kulie were together? I might be remembering it wrong but was it the first year we had Kessel prior to lupes that those 3 played together?

That line was dynamite I'd really love to see it again just to shake things up with our current injuries. Something like this:

kessel-bozie-kulemin
JVR-Grabo-McClement
Frattin-Kadri-Komorov

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
Briefly liked him 2 years ago, but has sucked since than.
Saying he's responsible and good defensively now is a joke.
He has lost all urgency and physicality. He floats. Him and grabs are the biggest floaters on the team for me. Watch how many times they skate by the puck on goals against or when we're hemmed in our zone.

I wouldn't hesitate or regret getting rid of him, he's lost his edge.

Don't know what game you watchin bud. Grabo and Kuli hustle up and down the ice quite a bit. Easily in the Top 4 best two-way forwards we have.

A floater you say? Have you seen Kessel?

P.S. I got no issues with Kessel right now, he will break out of his slump but he is hardly defensively responsible.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Couldn't agree more. Adding Joe Morrow to our depth at the expense of Kuli would be a pretty solid deal.

Imagine:

Rielly
Morrow
Finn
Blacker
Percy
Granberg
Nilsson

Allowing your imagination run wild is probably a good thing but at the same time until these players are actually on the Leafs and being productive they are just names to me.

Players that score 7 goals in a year and by virtue of their play are showing that the 7 goals was no fluke should not be playing 2nd line minutes, my God Steckle scored more than Kule did last year.

I think we're in for another disappointing year from Kule unless RC starts to rag on him about his play with and without the puck in the offensive zone, much like RC did with JVR.

Since Kule is prone to being unproductive in the offensive zone maybe reassignment to defense might be more suitable for his future.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Will Kulemin be part of a trade package to get us a number one centre?

Just wondering out loud.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Imagine:

Rielly
Morrow
Finn
Blacker
Percy
Granberg
Nilsson

Pouliot, Harrington, Maata, would make me think, and Shero would have to add to the deal if he wanted Kulemin badly enough, especially for Maata. But Morrow I would do straight up.

I would even pencil him in with Rielly next year if they earn a job in the NHL at camp. He's the perfect partner for Rielly IMO. Yep, we are in 100% agreement here.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Pouliot, Harrington, Maata, would make me think, and Shero would have to add to the deal if he wanted Kulemin badly enough, especially for Maata. But Morrow I would do straight up.

I would even pencil him in with Rielly next year if they earn a job in the NHL at camp. He's the perfect partner for Rielly IMO. Yep, we are in 100% agreement here.

And to think that TO made a trade to move up in the draft and then chose Biggs when Morrow was still available. Didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't now.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
On pace for 50 points in a defensive first system.

Solid board work, heavy on the puck, drives the net and his defensive ability is second to none on the team.

Shows heart and hustle, he's a beauty.

Seems like NK is right on track with RC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad